Chapter 25

Peter's POV-
" Petey come on baby boy wake up " I heard my Papa's voice . I opened my eyes and I saw him sitting beside me . He was holding my hand and rubbing it gently around my IV . " Pops .... ngh " I whined out in pain . I had stitches in my left shoulder still and I had a blood transfusion in my arm . " Shh I know it hurts , but you lost a lot of blood " he said brushing back my hair . " Where is dad ?" I asked looking up at him. " He's with your sister " he said . " What happened to everyone ?" I asked . " I'm not sure who is alive and who isn't but your dad and sister know and they should be coming over here to see you soon " he said . " Where is wade ?" I asked . " He's been put somewhere else entirely in this facility I haven't figured out where yet but when I do I'll tell you " he said . I nodded and closed my eyes . " Peter you need to stay awake a little longer honey " he said . I opened my eyes and looked at him . " I'm just so tired papa , this has taken a lot out of me . Over these past few years with these people and all they have done to me and then finding you and Maddie took a lot out of me . I don't know what's wrong with me papa but I just feel so drained from life " I said telling him how i truly felt . " Pete I'm so sorry I ever left you and your dad . I should have never left you behind . When we get out of here I promise you we will all live normal lives " he said holding my hand . " I hope we can but how are we gonna continue the avengers ?" I asked . " We won't if we can't live normal lives .... we will just call it quits , it would be better to ensure our safety rather than put us all in situations like this for the sake of being a hero " he said looking down . " No way Steve , we are not giving this up not without a fight and besides if these goons would get off our asses and leave us alone we could do what we were supposed to do " my dad said busting into the room . " Tony ... " my pops started but Maddie cut him off . " No way papa , I don't want to give this up I will fight for our freedom and our rights " Maddie said . " How many are left ?" I asked . " 4 ... Loki , Thomas, Peggy, and Wanda " dad said . " How did the others die ?" I asked sadly . Adis may have been Maddie's boyfriend but he used to be my best friend . " Sam was shot down and hit a tree ... but the others we don't know we just figure they were shot " my dad said putting his hand on pops shoulders to comfort him . " Sam was a good soldier and a good man ..." pops said trailing off sadly and he looked away from us . " I know your loss papa " Maddie said with tear full in her eyes . He just got up and hugged her and he let a few tears fall while Maddie freely cried into his chest . " There's no telling if the agents are telling the truth but they did find Sam no other bodies were found " dad said . " So you think that maybe ... " my pops asked wiping his tears and Maddie's as he turned to my dad. " I think these assholes are liars they told me peter died once but he's right here so ... all I'm saying is with Sam yes he's dead but with the others whose bodies weren't found , they could still be alive " he said . " We will just have to keep that hope with us then but for Sam ..." pops said looking down . " Steve we all loved him , he was a part of our family but he died protecting his family like we all would do" dad said . " You're right , I just hope he gets a proper burial for a soldier , he deserves it " pops said . " I'm sure I can pull some strings , don't forget we still have people out there who are on our side " dad said . " Maybe auntie pepper can come save us " Maddie said . " We can try to call her " dad said . " We gotta go pete , got a curfew to keep up with . Love you " dad said walking over to hug me and ruffle my hair . Pops came over and kissed my forehead and hugged me . " You guys go ahead I'm gonna talk to peter " Maddie said hugged dad and pops . " Be back in your room before the curfew Maddie I don't want you to get hurt " Pops said . " I will papa don't worry " she said hugging him . My parents left and it was just me and Maddie . " Peter I'm so sorry " maddie said hanging her head down . " What for ? You didn't do anything sis " I said . " You and pops and dad will be getting out of here early but only because... I sold myself to the government so they could do experiments " she said letting a few tears fall . " M-Maddie... no please ... please tell me your lying " I said shakily . Why would she do that to herself ? It can't be true I will not leave without her . " It's true Petey " She said looking at me with glazed eyes . Her eyes held nothing but sorrow and tears. " I lost a part of me for years I will not lose my other half again I will not leave here without you ... if I leave you here I would be losing the other half of me " I said . " P-peter " She said shakily and she came over to me to hug me . She cried on my chest and I just brushed her hair like papa does with us when we are upset . " Why do we have to live like this ? Why can't we just be left alone ? They assumed we were monsters before they even saw what we were capable of ... it's not fair peter " she said gently squeezing me . " Shh sissy it's okay we know we aren't monsters and that as all that matters ... other people their opinions don't matter , always remember that " I said holding her as she broke in my arms . " I missed you peter ... so much I felt like someone had ripped out half of my heart when I didn't have you with me ... I guess that's what happens when you are told that you have to leave your twin but it hurt like hell and I just have felt like shit ever since I lost you and dad ... I can't lose you both again . Papa told me at one point that you ... had died ... it was terrible " Maddie said . "We will never leave again , our family is staying together from now on no matter what other people think or say " I said . She sat up and wiped her tears and smiled at me " Good , and between me and you and papa and dads powers we could totally take on these assholes " she said smiling. " Watch your language sis " i said laughing . " Haha peter , ya know papa curses a lot more now than he used to " she said laughing . She finally was acting happy but I could tell that she was still sad . Maybe one day I can get my sister back to her old self . " Thank you Petey I needed a good laugh " she said smiling at me. " Anything for my twin " I said smiling at her . " I have to go pete it's curfew time I'll come back tomorrow " she said hugging me . I hugged her back and she left . I laid back and felt my stitches . They were healing well but I could tell it was a big hole . " Ah good peter your awake still " the agent whose name was Sharon said walking in . " Yea but not for long so what do you want ?" I asked crossing my arms . " I just wanted to see your arm " she said coming to look at my stitches . " it looks amazing you should be healed completely within a few more days then we can move you into a room with your boyfriend " she said writing some stuff down on her notepad . " How is wade doing ?" I asked worried about his safety. I knew he could handle himself but that's also what I was afraid of . He's quite mouthy and doesn't really know when to stop talking . " He is doing great he's being compliant and asking how you are doing constantly " she said . " Thanks " I said . " Your welcome , I'll keep you updated on him until you are put in a room together " she said leaving the room . " Thanks Sharon " I said . " Your welcome peter goodnight " she said . I waved my hand and she left . I fell asleep after she left and for once I actually slept peacefully .

Maddie's POV - I ran back to my room and I made it back without anyone noticing me . I crawled in bed so nobody would even know I was gone . I heard a voice come through my intercom . " Oh my naughty little mouse you are too sneaky for other midguardians but not sneaky enough for me " . " Adis ? " I asked out loud with a hope filling my heart . " Yes my mouse I can't talk for long but know that I love you and I will be back for you ... all of you" he said. " I believe you Adi , I love you too" I said blowing a kiss to the ceiling . He must have left because the intercom was quite and I fell asleep . I knew the others had a plan and that we would all make it out of this .