Chapter 27

Tony's POV-
We all just walked in silence to her tent . " You and Steve take as much time as you need and I'll go in after you guys get done talking to her " Bucky said breaking the silence . He stayed back and sat outside the tent . When we went in she was sitting there brushing her long brown hair . " Hi babygirl how you feeling?" I asked . " I feel better dad but all the scars and the memories are still there " she said looking down . She turned around with tears in her eyes . " I'm sorry I have done nothing but be a problem for our family . If I wasn't even born then-" she started but I cut her off . " Maddie Lynn Rogers-Stark I don't even want to hear you say that again. You and your brother and sister were blessings to us . Your pops and I had tried for a long time to have kids and once we found out we would have you and peter we were ecstatic, we would finally have what we always wanted , so no matter what you think you have not been a problem for us ; other people are the ones causing problems . " I said to her and I hugged her . She hugged me back and started to cry . " I'm sorry ... I'm so sorry " she cried . " It's not your fault baby " Steve said hugging the both of us . " I'm never gonna be the same now and Adis won't want me . Peter won't even look at me and I haven't even seen Peggy . I just feel like I have lost everything and it's all my fault " she cried . " Your brother is not mad at you he's just upset that someone would do that to you . Remember Maddie's he's the other half of you , you and peter have a bond with each other that you can never have with anyone else . Peggy loves you too ,she is just so young and she doesn't know what to do , she doesn't understand what is going on . You will always be the same sweet girl you were before everything happened. I'm sure that Adis will always love you , hell maddie he is ready to drop the throne and live on earth for you . He loves you and so does everyone else here " I said to her . She pulled her face back and I wiped her tears . " I love you both so much " she said and she kissed our cheeks . " we love you too baby " Steve said smiling at her . I could tell how much this was killing him but he was being strong for her . " Would you sing my song for me papa ?" She asked Steve . " Sure babygirl" he said . " Wait I want to go get Peter and Peggy " she said getting up . We took her hands and helped her stand . " Oh man I guess I haven't walked in a while haha " she said lightly laughing at how wobbly she was on her legs . Once she got her balance she walked out of the tent and got her siblings who apparently were not far from the tent . They all walked back in together and then the 3 of them curled up on the bed together. " Now can you sing our song for us papa ?" She asked . Steve just nodded and we sat on the end of the bed . Steve started to sing the song we used to sing to the kids when they were babies . "Baby mine, don't you cry.
Baby mine, dry your eyes.
Rest your head close to my heart,
Never to part, baby of mine.
Little one, when you play,
Pay no heed what they say.
Let your eyes sparkle and shine,
Never a tear, baby of mine.
If they knew all about you,
They'd end up loving you, too.
All those same people who scold you,
What they'd give just for the right to hold you.
From your hair down to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
But, you're so precious to me,
Sweet as can be, baby of mine. " Steve sang . I could barely hold back the tears as I realized how big our little babies were . I remember rocking them in my arms when they were first born and Steve was napping and I was singing that to them . I remember them taking their first step and their first words . I started to let my tears slip and Peggy crawled over to me . She hugged me and wiped my tear . She just smiled at me and laid back to rest her back on my chest . I hugged her and kissed the top of her head . Maddie was hugging pete and he looked happy to be with his twin sister . We were all finally back together. I heard the click and I turned to look at the noise . It was Bucky with a polaroid camera . " I just wanted to take a picture so you could always remember this moment " he said with tears in his eyes . " Uncle Bucky ! I missed you !" Maddie said reaching out to hug him . He rushed over to her and hugged her . " I missed you too sweet pea " he said . " our family is finally together again " Steve said smiling . Peggy looked up at me and I looked down at her . Even though the older kids had more of our attention most of the time , she still smiled and she was our little star . " What's wrong pumpkin?" I asked her . " Nothing daddy I just have a question " she said . " What's the question ?" I asked her . " With everything that happened to sis ... she'll be okay right ? She won't be going away again or hurt again will she ?" Peggy asked . " No honey she won't she's here too stay and nobody is ever gonna hurt her or any of us again " I said smiling at her . She nodded and turned back around . " Daddy I have one more question " she said quickly. " Mhm ?" I said . " What are we going to do . Like where are we going to all live now ?" She asked me . " I'm not sure yet sweetie but don't worry me and your pops will take care of that " I said to her . She nodded and got up from my arms . She sat in front of me and was thinking about something . I just watched her as she sat there thinking . She looked just like Steve with that blonde hair ,her lips in a small quirk like Steve does , and her bright grey eyes were shinning with thoughts while she tried to figure out the situation she was presented with . She popped up and turned to me . " we could always go back to the base , I mean there is nothing they can do about it you and pops own it " Peggy said to me . " Yeah we could honey , but don't worry about that right now it's late and we all need a good nights sleep " I said to her . She nodded and got up . She wishes everyone a goodnight and then walked to her tent . Peter did the same and he left with Bucky . Me and Steve told Maddie goodnight and she said it back to us . " Love you both , I'll see you in the morning " she said and she went to curl up under her blankets . She looked up at us and we walked to the doorway. " We love you too honey see you in the morning " we said and then we left her to sleep . We walked to our tent after making sure everything was good and safe . We curled up in bed and fell asleep happily in each other's embrace . From now on I think our lives will be better without the government in our faces .