Chapter 9

Steve's POV- 
We dropped the kids off at their first training class with Natasha and some of the other shield agents. I'm not gonna lie it made me tear up to see my babies go in to that room to start learning how to fight . " Come on cap we need to get to our meeting " Tony said pulling me away from the door . I nodded and we walked hand in hand to the meeting room . We said hello to everyone then fury came on the room . " I have missions for everyone so get your bags packed you leave in 2 hours " he said passing each of us a folder . " You will each go in groups of 5 " Fury said ,then he walked out . " My friends it seems as though our group will be me , Steve , Tony , Mr Barnes and Sam" Loki said . " that works for me I'm gonna go pack see you guys later " Bucky said walking out with Sam right behind him . " So then Wanda, Vision , Thor ,Clint and Bruce are with each other " I said . Everyone nodded then we all left . " We are going to Russia cap so be prepared for the cold " Tony said . " That works for me . Let's just go get the kids and tell them the news " I said . We picked up the kids and went home .  We sat the kids down and told them the news . " Sweethearts papa and daddy are going away for a little while so aunt pepper is going to watch you until we come home , Okay ?" I said trying to make it sound better than it is . They just nodded and then followed us around as we packed and got into our clothes that we put under our suits . Pepper showed up and they hugged her but they were still sad . I don't know how they are going to handle us being away for however long this mission takes . I haven't even left them for more that 4 hours other than for toddler training . Even then they would come home and stay with me 24/7 after that no matter what I'm doing . They do it to Tony too especially if he is gone for a day or two and when he comes back they never leave his side . I think I might be able to handle it for a while not seeing them but I'm not sure how long that will be . "Steve , pepper is here we need to go after we give her the twins schedule " Tony said . I just nodded and went over to the twins who were cuddled together on the couch . I'm so glad they have each other . " Hey sweethearts papa and daddy have to go in a minute so come tell us bye " I said . They nodded and got off the couch . Maddie grabbed my right hand while peter grabbed my left hand and we walked to the elevator . Tony and pepper were already there waiting on us . " Okay kiddos listen your dad and I love you more than anything in this world . Don't forget that okay . Maddie ,sweetie while I'm gone I want you to stay out of the lab and just come up with something fun for us to build together when we get back . Peter ,buddy I want you to not use your spider powers unless it's for training and aunt Natasha says you can use it . Both of you be on your best behavior for auntie pepper" Tony said bent down hugging the twins . We heard sniffles and I saw him start to tear up . He kissed the tops of their heads and then stood up . Now it was my turn . "I promise we won't be gone long . Daddy and I love you both more than anything in this world . Be good for your aunts , and please behave in school" I said trying to hide that this was breaking my heart to leave them .they nodded and ran to me . They hugged me and I hugged back . I could feel my shirt getting wet from their tears . " Hey now none of that ok . There is no need to cry " I said wiping their tears away . I smiled at them and hugged them one more time before I grabbed my bag and shield . We waved bye to them as the elevator doors closed . I broke in the elevator after it had closed . " Tony I don't know how long I'm gonna last without seeing them " I said not caring that my face was covered in tears . He wiped my tears like I did to the twins and said " Your strong Steve you can do this I believe in you . Besides if you get to attached to them then you won't have a healthy relationship with them and they won't even be able to do anything without you . Trust me this is good " Tony said and grabbed my hand . We walked to where our jet was and we climbed on . The rest of our team must have sensed how upset I was because they tried to avoid the topic of family and children. We talked about the mission and it's going to be harder than we thought . We have to go to Russia to search the forest for Loki's scepter that hydra stole again . The hydra soldiers are apparently hiding in a old concentration camp somewhere in Russia. The mission is going to take about 2 months . I already want to go home . Once we get to Russia we all put on our gear and then headed out into the cold . We walked for a while and then set up camp for the night . I was sitting by the fire by myself when I sensed someone behind me . I grabbed my shield and got up quick ready for a fight . I saw that it was only Bucky . " Steve calm the fuck down it's only me " he said . " Sorry Buck I just am a little nervous I guess " I said lowering my shield . " Don't worry about it . Y'know , This area it brings back memories doesn't it ?" Bucky said . " Yea it does I guess that's why I don't want to do this mission " I said lying to him . He knows why I don't want to be here . " Steve listen . I love you like a brother so I'm only saying this to help you . Those kids may be your world and someone who you see every hour of everyday but that's not good for you or for them . If you don't leave them for a long period of time then they will never be able to be hero's and neither will you . All you are doing is giving yourself and them separation issues. Steve what if you died - No what if you and Tony died ? Maddie and peter wouldn't have a clue how to function without you guys." Bucky said in a stern voice. " Your right Bucky it's just hard " I said . He just sighed and gave me a hug then walked away to his tent . I went to my tent and saw Tony in there . " I thought fury said -" I was cut off by Tony . " Fury doesn't dictate who I sleep with . I'm sleeping with my husband regardless of what he says " Tony said motioning me to come over to him . " I'm not going to sleep anyways " I said . "I know and that's why I'm doing this " Tony said . " What are you -" I got cut off again but this time by Tony sticking me with a needle. He pulled it out after he injected me with the medicine that was inside the syringe. " Ow what the hell was that Tony ?!" I yelled but my eyes got heavy as I said that . "A sleeping medicine but don't worry you'll be awake within 4 hours . Goodnight babe love you " Tony said knowing I'm probably going to kill him for this when I get up . I just flip him off then blow him a kiss because I do love him but I'm pissed off at him right now . Then my eyes shut and I'm out cold .