Chapter 2

The next two days were just bonding for Steve , Tony , and the twins. Nobody was allowed to visit because then Steve would focus more on the visitors rather than the twins who needed his full attention. Bruce was the only one allowed to see them because he was their doctor. The family was trying to squeeze in as much bonding time they could before Fury was going to take the twins for testing in a few weeks. They managed to convince Fury to give them a couple more weeks to bond with the twins . The first week went by great but the second week didn't go to well . Maddie was hungry and peter had finished eating so Steve was about to switch them . Steve picked up Maddie but she wouldn't latch on and that wasn't usual for her since she ate all the time and never pushed away food . Steve was worried but after many tries she eventually latched on and Steve took a breathe of relief. That was until she started screaming and crying. "Oh baby what's wrong ? Do you want burped ? Ok sweetie calm down , it's ok " Steve said slightly worried. He burped her and she didn't stop crying. Steve felt her head and she was burning up . She had a fever and Steve was officially freaking out . "Jarvis get Tony for me please " Steve asked trying to soothe the now screaming baby . Peter started to cry too seeing his sister upset made him upset . So when Tony walked in the room he saw a crying peter and a screaming Maddie being held by Steve who was crying too . "Steve what happened? What's wrong ?" Tony said picking up peter to calm him down. "She's got a fever Tony and she is upset and I don't know what to do for her " Steve said through tears . His poor baby was sick and he didn't know what to do . "Steve calm down all she needs is a cool bath and to lay down with no clothes on in just a diaper for a while and maybe some medicine for her slight fever " Tony said putting down the now calm peter and going to get Maddie from Steve to take her to put her in a cool bath . "Come on Steve pick up peter he needs washed off too . Steve she's going to be okay calm down hun she just has a tiny fever " Tony said calming Steve down . They walked to the bathroom to give the babies a bath . Maddie quit screaming once she was in the bath water and she just was crying now . She just whimpered and then was fine once she was done and in her diaper . Peter did great with his bath and he fell asleep after he was dried off and put in his pjs.Tony and Steve took the babies to their cribs . They tucked peter in and put Maddie under a light blanket. Both babies were okay and sleeping peacefully. Tony and Steve went to the living room and sat on the couch together. Steve was still upset and Tony could tell by the look on his face. "Steve it's not that big of a deal that she had a tiny fever she will be fine honey " Tony said rubbing Steve's back . " Tony it's not ok ! I'm her father and I should know what to do when she's upset but I had no idea what to do when she started screaming and crying and I just sat there crying because I didn't know what she wanted and I'm supposed to know exactly what she needs . I'm a terrible parent " Steve said tearing up. " Steve you are an amazing parent and just because you didn't know what to do one time shouldn't make you feel bad " Tony said still rubbing Steve's back and kissing his cheek . Steve calmed down and they laid down on the couch together and watched tv . Like always they watched a show Steve had never watched and one that Tony has seen many times. They watched friends and they both fell asleep before the middle of the episode. They later woke up at 2:55 am due to both babies crying because they were hungry . Steve groaned but got up and took off his shirt and headed towards the twins room . Tony rolled over and got up to get a glass of water then he headed towards the babies room too . When Tony got there Steve already was feeding the twins. Tony just couldn't help but stare because he was so interested in how that worked . " Tony I know this is weird but could you not stare while I have to do this it makes me feel like a freak " Steve said sadly . Tony went over and kissed Steve . "Steve you aren't a freak it's actually pretty cool that you can do that " Tony said . Steve just lightly smiled and continued to feed the babies. He felt more connected to the twins by feeding them like this . He got lost in thought and eventually felt the babies unlatch themselves from him . He handed Maddie to Tony for him to burp her and he burped peter . He was still upset about earlier but realized Tony was right about how he can't stay upset about something he didn't know how to fix . The babies burped and then Tony and Steve put them to bed . They kissed their foreheads and said goodnight and left the room . Tony closed the door and turned around to meet Steve's lips . Tony kissed him then pulled back ."Steve you know I love kisses but a second ago you were upset and now your all over me , so what's going on hun ?" Tony asked confused. "I realized that you were right about Maddie and that whole situation earlier " Steve said . "Oh ok well I'm glad you realized that it wasn't your fault . As much as I would love to continue our little kiss and all that we should probably head to bed " Tony said . " Yeah your right lets go to bed " Steve said and they headed to their bedroom to go to bed .