Chapter 4

A/N :Sorry I had to use the baby maker from the stork movie but I couldn't find any other ones so lol that's what the twins look like at 1 year old  .

Steve and Tony had a amazing 3 days together . They finally got time together and got to do stuff they hadn't done in a long time . Now though , the babies were coming home and they were both excited to see them . Natasha had called an hour ago to say they were on the way . Steve cleaned for a little while Tony worked in the lab and at 2:00 pm the elevator bell rang . Steve had Jarvis get Tony and he went over to the elevator. Natasha and Bruce both had a carrier. They went over to the couch and sat the carriers down . When Steve looked in the carriers he saw his two little angels sleeping soundly. Tony finally came up from the lab and saw them but he felt that something was off . Natasha looked upset and Bruce looked stressed. " what's wrong with them ? What happened? " Tony asked knowing that something happened. " Well everything was successful but we had a little trouble with peter " Bruce said . Steve froze and said " what do you mean trouble?" . "Well we house all of the experiments at the same place we tested the twins ; and one of those experiments are radioactive spiders . The second day the twins were there the spider tank was busted open . One bit peter on the arm and his genetics kinda changed " Bruce said . " So what's gonna happen to him ?" Steve said . " Well we tested him again and he will develop spider like powers once he gets older . Maddie on the other hand is completely normal aside from the fact the she has some of the serum from Steve in her DNA . She has a brain like Tony though because we gave her mind little tests and her brain is already thinking far ahead for her age . It's incredible really " Bruce said . " That's good , but what do we do for peter ?" Tony asked . " Nothing it's already altered him " Bruce said . Steve looked at his kids and smiled . He was happy that they were finally home . Natasha left looking upset and went to her quarters in the building. None of them questioned it because she rarely got upset so they left her to deal with it herself since she is independent. Bruce left after talking for a while about the tests and he went to go see how Natasha was . The family was finally together again .
( Time skip - 5 weeks later )
Steve's POV-
I woke up to the babies screaming and crying . I rolled over to look at the clock . It read 3 am . I groaned and rolled back over to wake up tony . " Tony wake up " I said groggily. " no I don't wanna " he mumbled and rolled over . " You have to " I said getting up and putting on slippers to help my swollen feet . " Steve I don't wanna get up " he said whining. " Well neither do I tony but I have to go and feed your kids who I had to give birth to and if I have to go feed them by myself then you will regret it " I said to him as I went to get my feeding blanket . I heard him getting up and coming over behind me . " I'm up , what should I do now ?" He asked. " Ho ahead and get peter and I'll be there in a minute to feed him " I said . " Okay I'll go do that then " he said walking out of the room . I grab the blanket and walked out into the hall to the babies room . When I walked in tony had peter in his arms and he was talking to Maddie and rubbing her head . " Shhh I know honey your tired and hungry but papa will feed you and then we can all go back to sleep . " Here give me him and I'll feed him really quick " I said . " Okay I'll try to calm her down  " tony said handing peter to me . " Hey buddy come to papa , yea your a hungry boy aren't you " I said to peter and he whined and nuzzled into my chest . I knew I needed to feed them because my chest felt tight and full . " Oh honey,  I know I know you want your late night meal but you've gotta let me sit down first " I said and he clung to the blanket . I sat down in the rocking chair in their room and started to rock him .  He calmed down and I pulled the blanket over me and him to cover up . I felt him latch on and he started eating . I just sat back and let him eat while I rocked him . " Don't forget about your appointment with the council today " I said to tony . " Oh yea what time was that supposed to be again?" Tony asked . " I think it's at 9 am " I said to him. Peter bit down and twisted . " Ow petey stop that " I said fixing him so he didn't turn . "What happened?" Tony asked . " He bit me " I said . Tony lightly laughed and came over to see . He pulled the blanket back and looked down to see peter roughly eating . " Wow he must be really hungry . He is like attacking you " tony laughed . " Yea I know , I hope she won't be as rough " I said wincing when he bit me again. " Well when you finish with him I'll sing him his song and rock him to sleep " tony said . I nodded and kept feeding peter . After a few minutes he was done and pushed off of me . I burped him and rocked him . He burped and then he cooed . One down , one to go . " Here he is tony " I said . " Okay switch off " tony said bringing Maddie over to me . I stood up and handed peter to tony . Once he hand grip on peter I took Maddie from his arms . She had tear stains on her little red cheeks. She whined and squirmed in my arms . " Shhh baby girl it's okay don't cry " I said and I wiped her little teardrops from her face . I sat down and threw the blanket over me and her . She latched on and slowly started eating . She calmed down once I started rocking her and I hummed her favorite song to her while she ate . They love music so whenever they eat or are upset or are tired , we sing their favorite songs to them and they calm down almost immediately. She fell asleep in my arms while she was eating . When she finished I woke her up to burp her but then after I burped her I just rocked her and she fell back asleep . I gently handed her off to tony after he finished putting peter back in his crib . Tony put her in her crib while I cleaned myself up and folded the blanket. " You did good mom look how content they are " tony said coming over to me . I shot him a look but then I looked at the babies and they did look extremely content . Peter was holding his iron man plushie and his blue blanket . Maddie was holding her Captain America bear and her pink blanket . They both hand their avengers binkys and both were snoring . " They do look really content " I said happily . I smiled and watched them sleep . " Maybe we do make good parents " tony said wrapping his arms around my waist. " Let's just wait until they start talking to decide that " I said jokingly . Tony laughed and unwrapped his hands . " Alrighty , the kiddos are content so let's go back to bed " tony said walking over to kiss the twins heads . I heard him whisper goodnight and I love you to the twins . I smiled and said " Your a good dad tony I'm proud of you . You have really grown up these past few years " I said to him. " Thanks hun that means a lot to me and I'm glad to know I've finally done something right " tony said . I gave him a peck on the lips and smiled at him . " Maybe we do have the perfect life " I said . " Maybe we do " he said smiling at me . I walked over to the twins and I kissed their foreheads and told them goodnight and that I loved them then I left their room with tony . We walked to our bedroom and we both collapsed on the bed . I'm pretty sure we were both back asleep within 2 minutes but I don't mind it . Tony and I realize the short time we have with the kids being babies so we are gonna treasure every minute of it . Even if that means being up at 3am to change diapers or feed the kids. I wouldn't trade it for the world and neither would tony .
(Time skip - the twins firsts )