Chapter 22

A/N: This is 4 years later in the kids life . They were not approved by the government and the government wants complete control over the kids . It's basically like Civil war but instead of it being the accords it's about signing over their kids to be in the governments control . The kids would all be taken away to be trained by the government and their parents can't even see them . If they sign the parents of the kids can see the kids once they are fully trained at age 18 but if they don't sign the kids will be thrown in a cell and classified as a villain. Also even though Peggy is a normal person she will be taken away too to train as a spy .

Tony's POV -
" Steve I hate this as much as you do but you need to sign so that our children won't be locked away like animals " I said to him . " I'm not signing the papers tony . I won't do that to our children " he said crossing his arms .  " If you don't do this Steve then we won't have a family anymore " I said my heart breaking with every word . " It's our job to protect our children and that's what you don't get . The government will take them away from us and we won't see them again until they are 18 . Do you understand that ? We won't see our 7 year old again until she is an adult . Do you want those moments with our children taken away from us ? We will never get those moments back tony . That's why I'm not going to sign it " he said to me . " I'm going to ask the others what they are doing about this " I said walking away to the avengers meeting room . I asked everyone what they were doing with the papers and their kids . Loki , Bucky , and Natasha were all on Steve's side . Sam agreed with Steve but since he didn't have a kid he didn't really have to worry . Clint agreed with Steve too but his son didn't have to go to the government .  Bruce , Vision , Rhodey, Wanda , and Thor all agreed with me . Bruce was the only one with a kid that was on my side .  I went home feeling torn . I don't know what to do . I don't want to have my kids taken away from us but I also don't want them locked up in cells and treated like villains .  When I got home I saw the kids doing their homework. " Hey dad where have you been ?" Peter asked me . " I just had to talk to your aunts and uncles about something. Where's your pops at ?" I asked them . " He's in his workout room . I wouldn't go talk to him if I were you dad " Maddie said . " Why not ?" I asked them . " Papa asked us to leave him alone for now and he told us to tell you to not come talk to him when you came back " Peggy said . " Well I don't care what he says we need to talk . I'm going to talk to him and I don't want any of you near us while we are talking . Jarvis will alert me if you leave this room and if you leave your in big trouble " I said walking out and going to see Steve .  I went into his gym and as I walked in I was almost hit by a punching bag. " What did they say ?" Steve asked coming over to me .  " Five people agree with you and five agree with me " I said . He just nodded and went back to grab another bag . " Steve it's the best thing for them . " I said and I turned to leave . " Did you feed them dinner yet ?" I asked him . " No I didn't " he said as he started to punch another bag . I left and went to feed the kids . When I got downstairs I went to the kitchen and saw the twins looking at me without any emotion and Peggy was still doodling in her coloring book . " Papa said you were going to give us to the government " Maddie said crossing her arms . " That's not true . Kids listen to me , if we don't let the government train you then they will take you away from me and papa forever. We love you guys too much to let that happen , but we also have to give you to the government until your 18 and then you can come back to us . Papa won't give you over to the government and I hate that I have to ,but I would rather see you at age 18 than never see you again " I said to them hoping they would understand. " I won't go ." Maddie said being stubborn. " You don't have to go " I heard from behind me . " Steve-" I started but he cut me off . " No they will not be taken away from me . I am their father !" Steve yelled . " If you don't sign they will tear our family apart " I said calmly. " I gave birth to them . I went through the months of agony and pain only to endure the worst pain known to women and men . I brought them in this world and I will not have them taken away from me . Do you understand that " Steve said in a deep furious voice. " I'm not the one you should tell that to " I said backing away from Steve . " Maddie, Peter , Peggy go pack your bags right now . Pack all of your clothes and important stuff you will need " Steve said calmly to them . They all ran to their rooms to pack their bags . " Steve I'm coming with you wherever your going " I said walking towards him . " No your not . If you side with the government then you aren't coming with us " Steve said .  Only Peggy and Maddie came back before the elevator door was being busted down by the government. "Captain America! Iron man ! Open the door or we will take any action possible to break down this door !" The guy behind the door yelled . Jarvis had put our doors on lock down to protect us, I'll have to thank him for that later . Steve grabbed the girls bags and his shield . He went upstairs and the girls ran to me . They hugged me with tears in their eyes . " Be good for your papa girls . I love you all so much " I said kissing their foreheads and hugging them tightly . Steve came back downstairs and peter ran over to me . " I can't go papa I need to stay with daddy " peter said crying . He hugged his sisters and then hugged Steve . " It's okay buddy I'm not going to force you to go , but remember that I'm always with you Peter. I love you baby boy " Steve said kissing Peter's forehead and hugging him tightly . " I love you too papa " peter said crying . We all were crying and saying goodbye . Steve was about to go out the back way ,that I made for us, with the girls but I stopped him . " Steve wait !" I yelled to him . " What tony ?" Steve asked with fear in his eyes . I went over to him and kissed him as passionately as I possibly could . We broke apart slightly before he pulled me back to him and he kissed me back . When we broke apart for the second time both of us were crying . " I love you Steve . Don't you ever forget that " I said leaning my forehead against his. " I love you too tony ,with all my heart" Steve said then he leaned up and kissed my forehead . He rushed the girls down the stairs and I yelled to him " This isn't goodbye forever " . " I'll see you again soon !" He yelled back . I closed the back way door and moved the book case back in front of it . Peter came over to me and hugged me . The government agents busted through the elevator and came to me . " Where is the Captain ?" They asked with guns in their hands . " I don't know " I lied to them . " He and 4 other avengers along with their children have left this compound . Do you know where they were going ?" They asked . " No clue " I said emotionless . They finally left after an hour of trying to get an answer from me .  Truth be told I wasn't completely lying . I didn't have any idea where Steve was going , but I knew that he and the girls were safe .