Chapter 14

A/N: Steve is 4 months and has a tiny bump now and he is still allowed to lead the team but not to do any missions.

Steve's POV-
I walked the kids to training and bent down to tell them bye . " Bye Papa ! Bye sissy or bubby!" They said and put their hands on my stomach. " Bye sweethearts we will see you later !" I waved to the as they went inside the room. " Alright now to go give missions to the team " I said . I headed towards the avengers area of our headquarters. As I passed by shield agents most gave me a nod to say hi but some stared at me then looked at my stomach and glared . I don't want to say anything to Tony or anyone because they would take it overboard . I went into our meeting room and I guess I looked upset because everyone was asking me what was wrong . " I'm fine just a few people gave me and the baby glares but I'll be okay " I said not caring about the glares . " Who was it I'll make sure are fired immediately! " Tony said starting to ramble and then everyone else joined in . " Everyone seriously I don't care that someone gave me a glare and I'm pretty sure the baby doesn't care either . So let's just move on and focus on our jobs" I said trying to bring order back to everything . Everyone sat down and waited for me to give out missions . " Alright since we aren't really stressed with crime right now only a few of you have missions. Wanda and Vision you guys are doing the daytime city rounds this week . Sam you are on night shift protection for the base this week . That's all for this week everyone " I said dismissing them from the meeting . Nat and Bucky came over to me and Bucky looked pissed . " Seriously buck it's okay people can think what they want ,I'm okay and so is the baby " I said rubbing my stomach and smiling at him . He returned the smile . " The baby is kicking of you want to feel " I said offering my hand to him and Natasha so I could put their hands on my stomach so they could feel . Bucky eagerly gave me his hand so he could feel . The baby kicked his hand as soon as I put it on my belly . " I'm so proud of you Steve . Through the years we have known each other you keep surprising me at how much you have changed since we were younger . This though , this takes the cake everytime " Bucky said being very sentimental . Steve started to tear up , stupid hormones. " Thank you Bucky that means a lot to me " I said smiling at him and putting my hand on his shoulder. He turned towards my stomach to talk to the baby . " Hey squirt it's your uncle Bucky , the best uncle you'll ever have . I just wanted to tell you to be good to your papa while your in there " Bucky said and the baby just kicked his hand . Everyone was still in the room looking and smiling. " Bucky being mushy . Now that's a first " Clint said laughing lightly . " Alright Guys let's get to work " I said smiling and they all left . "Alright c'mon babe we need to get to your appointment " tony said smiling at me. He grabbed my hand gently . We walked down to the hospital ward and I went back into my usual exam room.  I sat on the bed and waited for my nurse to come in . " Hello Steve how are you ?" My nurse Helen said . " I'm fine thank you . How are you ?" I asked her . " I'm doing great thanks for asking " she said . We went through our usual ultrasound . " Alright Steve I can tell you the gender today if you would like ?" She said . " I would like to know , but it's up to tony " I said and I looked to tony to see what he wanted to do . " Yea I wanna know if it's a boy or girl " he said excitedly . " Okay well it looks like your having a little girl " Helen said . " Oh tony we are having a little girl " I said happily looking at the screen. He held my hand tighter and kissed my cheek . I smiled at him . We finished up getting the ultrasound pictures and headed to pick up the kids from training. Once we got home we sat down and watched tv .  "Hey kids tonight we are gonna have cake for dinner and uncle Bucky and Uncle Sam and Loki are gonna come over . So go get dressed in the clothes we picked out for you to wear tonight " tony said . " Okay daddy ! Come on sissy let's go !" Peter said excitedly and ran up the stairs . Maddie followed him and ran to catch up to him . " They never listen to me when I tell them to quit running in the house " I said sighing. I put my hand on top of my tiny baby bump . " Tony what if peter is mad that he is getting a baby sister and not a baby brother?" I asked him. " He will love the baby anyways . I mean he loves Maddie so there won't be much of a difference. I think he'll be okay with it but he'll be sad that he won't be having a brother " tony said. After that tony put his hand on my baby bump to feel her . "Sir the special delivery is here " Jarvis said . " Okay Good I'll go get that and you go change into what I laid out for you to wear for tonight " tony said . " okay " I said getting up to go change into whatever tony picked out for me . When I got to our room I saw what he picked out . It was a white T-shirt that said Pink or blue we will love you . I am gonna kill tony for this . I put it on anyways and then went to the bathroom to fix up my hair . As I was doing my hair Loki and Bucky came in the room . Loki has on a blue T-shirt so I'm guessing he's rooting for a boy and Bucky had on a pink T-shirt rooting for a girl .  " Nice shirt Steve " Bucky said teasing me . " Haha very funny . Let's just go eat cake so we can reveal the gender of this baby " I said excitedly.  We went down stairs and I saw Adis in a pink shirt and Tom was in a pink shirt too . Sam was in a blue shirt . Natasha and Victoria had on blue dresses . Maddie was in a pink dress and peter was in a blue T-shirt . He's gonna be so upset when he finds out the baby is a girl . Tony was wearing a pink and blue tyedye T-shirt. I don't even know how he got all this together so quickly . The cake was on the table and there was a seat that said mommy on it for me . I sighed but sat in it anyways even though Tony knows how I feel about being called a mommy . Once everyone sat down tony went to get a knife and plates . " Alright time for you guys to find out what we are going to have !" Tony said . He cut the cake and gave me the piece he cut . I made sure nobody could see it while tony turned the cake around . The cake was pink on the inside . " It's a girl !" Tony said . " Yay I'm gonna have a sissy!" Maddie said . Peter just smiled and leaned back in his seat . " We told you it was a girl dad !" Tom said to Loki . Loki just smiled . " Yay I won the bet . Pay up Sam !" Bucky said . " Oh come on ! " Sam said paying Bucky 20 dollars . Congratulations were said all night and then we all just hung out together. Once everyone left we talked to the kids . " Peter are you okay ?" I asked him . " Yea papa . I'm okay and I'm glad it's a girl because that means I'm the only boy you and daddy have " he said . " That's right honey ! " I said hugging him . We put the kids to bed after we watched a movie and then me and tony went to bed too . Today was a long day but definitely one to remember.