Chapter 8

A/N: this chapter is continuing the last chapter. Peter is about to get talked to by his parent and Tony and Steve get a big shock .
Tony's POV -
I can only hope peter will be understanding about his punishment but I have a feeling he's gonna throw a fit which will only make Steve more upset . I just want to go take care of Maddie while Steve deals with peter but no because I'm his other father and I need to be there so he knows Steve is being serious. Peter will usually listen to Steve for about 10 minutes then do what he wants anyway but if I tell peter something he does it and doesn't forget it . . I was broken from my thoughts when Steve said my name . " What honey I'm taking Maddie to get a bath " I said trying to get out of this situation. "Anthony Stark you are not leaving " Steve said . If I make him angry this will only get worse so I just go sit beside him and I put Maddie beside peter . " Peter do you know why sissy's head is wrapped up ?" Steve said with his arms crossed. " No papa why ?" Peter said innocently. " Well that's because you tried to pick her up using your spiderwebs and you dropped her . Peter you dropped your sister from 25 feet in the air . She could have been seriously hurt had she not have protected herself from the fall .Peter what have I told you about trying to use your powers on your sister ?" Steve said in a stern voice .  " Not to " he said tearing up . I felt bad but I just sat there with my arms crossed looking at him . " Petey don't cry I'm ok " Maddie said hugging peter . He hugged her back and cried on her shoulder. " Peter I think you and Maddie don't need to go to daycare anymore " I said . Steve said " What do you mean Tony ? They are only 2 they can't go to regular school " . I sighed and said "As much as I don't want this for you two  I think you should go to toddler training with aunt Natasha . She can teach you how to control your power and how to properly use it and Maddie Well we still need to speak privately with her about something. " . Peter started to get really happy . He jumped up and started to jump on the couch out of excitement. " Peter your still in trouble for dropping sissy but your father is right you need to learn to control your power " Steve said . " Okay papa and daddy I'll go do that ! I'm gonna go to sleep now so I can be ready for morning ! Goodnight daddy and papa and sissy  love you !" Peter said running off . " Goodnight buddy we love you too !" I yelled . " Am I in trouble ?" Maddie asked . " No sweetie we just need to ask you a question " Steve said picking up Maddie and sitting her on his knee . He played with her hair and she calmed down . " Honey earlier when you fell how did you know to ball up so it would lessen the pain of falling?" I asked her . " I saw papa do it and I thought since he could do it I could so I did and when I got up I saw blood and that's why I screamed " Maddie said . " Honey can you do me a favor ?" I asked . " Sure Daddy " she said . " Can you grab Papa's shield for me ?" I asked hoping I was right about this . She nodded and got up to go get Steve's shield but it was too big for her to hold up infront of her . Steve looked at me in confusion when she did it . She picked up Steve's shield above her head and carried it over to me . His eyes widened and he realized what I was doing . Steve's shield is heavy for him to hold sometimes and he's a big tough guy. Maddie lifted it above her head with ease at age 2 . " Here daddy " she said giving the heavy shield to me and walking g back over to Steve . " Thank you sweetie , hey you might wanna get to bed squirt because your gonna go with bunny in the morning to training with aunt Natasha " I said . " Yay I can't wait daddy ! Can you take me to bed ? " she asked me and Steve . " Sure sweetie anything for you " we carried her to bed and told her goodnight. Peter was already deep asleep. We left their room and went to the living room . I laid down on the couch and Steve laid on top of me . He sigh and I could tell something was wrong . " What's wrong Stevie?" I asked him . " I'm just worried about Peter and Maddie " he said . " What about ?" I asked . " Well what will happen when one day they join us out on our missions and one gets hurt or worse . I don't know if I'm okay with them being like us , it just worries me that they might try to take on too much and end up really badly hurt or killed " Steve said . " There is nothing we can do babe . They would have unlocked these powers on their own and not know how to control it then they would be in a bad situation without our help " I said . " I guess I just figured that they wouldn't be like us . I'm glad though that they are because once we get too old to continue leading the avengers they can take over " Steve said . "Sounds like a plan cap " I said  . " I guess I'll have to pass down the shield to Maddie once she trains enough " Steve said sadly . " No way . That's your shield I'll make her a special shield just for her just like how yours is made for you " I said ." Well I want to pass something down to her just like you can pass something down to peter with your tech " Steve said . " Tell you what Steve  you create her suit and I'll create Peter's suit and when they get old enough they can have them " I said . " Okay that sounds fair enough and we can both pass something down to them " Steve said . I just nodded and rubbed Steve's back . " When do you think Fury will send you on your first mission back from having the twins ?" I said . " I don't know I guess he will tell me tomorrow. It's gonna be tough because I'm so used to seeing Maddie and peter all day everyday and I don't know how I'll be able to handle not seeing them all the time " Steve said . " You'll be okay at least I will be with you and we can FaceTime them every once in a while " I said . " Who's going to watch them while we are gone ?" Steve said . " Obviously pepper since she is their god mother " I said . Steve nodded and cuddled into me more . After watching some tv we went to bed . None of us were even close to ready for what tomorrow was gonna throw at us .