Chapter 23

( 8 months later )
Tony's POV-
I was back in the interrogation room for the 5th time this month . " For the last time stop fucking asking me about my husband. The quinjet he was in crashed over the Atlantic. You shot it down . You killed my daughters and my husband. Please stop pestering me about them it's bad enough that I have to go through everyday without them because of you assholes" I yelled at no one. They all wouldn't come in the room because they felt like I would hurt someone . " Mister Stark please cooperate with us " they said through the intercom . I just sat still and kept my mouth closed . The door clicked open and Maria hill came in to let me out . " Tony I thought you should know that peter is doing well . They are thinking about letting him come home to live with you and while you work he will come back and train " She said as if it was a good thing I would get to have my kid back , he should have been with me in the first place . " That's good . Please tell him I miss him and that I love him " I said to her . " I will " she said and walked away letting me go home . I went back home and went to my lab . After Steve and the girls were killed and the government took peter away I basically gave up on life . I had nobody in my life once again . I was alone so I came down to my lab and did what I do best . I was making a new suit so I can go search for them. If they are alive I want to find them . " Master stark might I suggest some sleep . You have been awake for over 52 hours without any rest " Jarvis said . " No thanks J I need to have closure and the only way to do that is to make this suit and scan everyone in the world . I need this and so does peter " I said to Jarvis. I worked for the rest of the night on the suit . I was so exhausted that I passed out and into a deep sleep . It was full of nightmares that I couldn't escape. One was Steve and the girls last moments alive . The next was Steve being killed at the base . They only progressed in intensity and gore . I woke up and got back to work and that's how my life went for months on end .

(One year later )

One year and eight months ago Steve left me . Not a day goes by that I'm not working or thinking about him , Maddie , and Peggy. I kept working through holidays and birthdays . Peter came home 2 months ago to stay with me . He had changed . He wasn't the same as before he was taken from me . He spoke like he was always on a mission and he acted as though he had no emotions left . I have finally gotten him back to the same little boy I had a long time ago . He was joking and being normal again once I sent him to regular school. I took care of peter but when he was not around I was working . I had almost finished my suit to scan the world so I could find Steve . The phone rang and I had Jarvis put it on speaker . " Hello tony " A voice I hadn't heard in forever spoke . " Natasha?" I asked afraid that I had officially lost my mind . " Yes tony it's me . I need you to listen to me . I only have a limited time to talk to you before they track this call . He told me not to let you know where we were but you need this as much as he does . I know your working on something to find us so you better hurry up Stark " she said then the call ended . That was it . That was all I needed to motivate myself to get this suit finished. He was alive and I have to find him.

(2 years later )
3 years and 8 months ago I lost Steve but now I'm going to find him . I finished my suit and Peter's suit . I'm taking him with me to find Steve . Peter just recently had a birthday and he had turned 14 . He told me his birthday wish was to find his papa. He didn't want anything else so I told him yes we will go find Steve , not like I wasn't planning on going and taking peter with me already  . Peter had became a hero anyways without the help of the government. He had became Spider-Man and was free from government control. We were leaving to find Steve tonight. I put on my suit to run the scans and peter had his Spidey suit on . "Come on dad , I have everything packed and ready to go " peter said in the suitcom  . " Okay lets go " I said to him and we went to a quinjet . Once we took off I put the jet on autopilot .  " Alright pete you know what to do if anything happens . I'm going to go scan for them " I said taking off out of the back of the quinjet . We were over top of Europe as we started our search for them . I scanned everywhere in Europe but got no matches .  Asia ,no matches . South America ,no matches . North America ,no matches . Africa there was a match but it was female . That was good enough for me . I went back to the quinjet to land it . I landed it on a mountain right beside of where I got the match . " Alright pete be careful I'm going to go through the forest and scan for heat signatures to find out what the match I got was . You just stay up high and stay out of trouble " I said to him . " Got it dad " he said and took off into the trees . This is my last hope to find him , I hope I'm on the right track .