Akatsuki [9]

Recap:
Tenshi uses a stage she had never thought she'd use in years. Stage 6: taking time. The other prisoners got away except little Ami who was killed right in front of Tenshi.
Not being able to take it anymore Tenshi attempts to take her own life but is stopped by Itachi.
"These were going to be a long 3 days."
||

My eyes shoot open abruptly taking in the familar dark surroundings. I was in my mind.

"If you're going to kill yourself how about you just give me complete control instead, then everyone's happy."

A feminine but dark voice breaks the silence.
My fuchsia eyes clash with a set of reptilian golden ones through the darkness. I push my self up to a sitting position making sure to keep eye contact with the concealed being before me.

"I wouldn't expect you to understand."

I suppress my flinch as a furious growl comes after along with a sharp talon slamming into the space next to me.

"You think I do not know of what you went through human? " She replies with a hiss.

Not being able to hold her chilling gaze, I close my eyes with a slight bow of my head. It was a bad habit I'd have to learn to get rid of.

"The feeling of having something taken away from you, Something you can never get back."

I shoot my head up with a glare not wanting to go over the events that had took place before I was knocked out. To much had happened and that was one thing I didn't wish to talk about.
However, the more I thought over her words the more my glare lessened. I shift my vision to my lap letting my hair shield my face.
It has been three years since I last communicated with the queen and after all these years I'd never think I'd be so relieved to hear her voice. After all, she was the only one whom understood a fraction of what had happened.  I knew she had been watching and I knew she would've done something to help if she could've.

"You can't run away from what happened in that prison human. Sooner or later everyone Will see just how broken you are."

'That's what I'm afraid of...'

Mirai observed the human before her with slight annoyance.

Who was she to say I didn't understand? The dragonsss huffed before growling as memories from eons ago fought to resurface.
To have something taken from you. Something you can never get back and know you couldn't do anything about it. It was the worse pain any being could go through. If anything, Mirai felt sympathy for her and she would never admit it but Tenshi was strong, probably the strongest host she'd ever been sealed in. Throughout the 3 years she'd been in the that prison, the Jikan had not once ever shed a tear. Even in the midst of being taken, she never truly broke down. Mirai knew how she felt. Empty, dirty, and most of all, weak. All emotions, the queen herself had once been consumed with.

The human was way to similar to me and if I'd know any better I'd say her becoming my host was some plan by some sort of Kami.

The queens former agitation was replaced with curiosity. She was sure the girl knew she was alive and had failed at her rash actions beforehand. Times like this, the queen wondered what went through the girls head despite being constantly in it. Mirai knew that the young girl wasn't as strong as she portrayed herself to be. What she went through in that prison was unimaginable after all and not even the fiercest of kunoichi can easily move on from that. Then there was the untimely demise of Ami, the young girl Tenshi had taken under her wing. Even in the events of succeeding her mission, Tenshi still failed to save everyone. It was as if history kept repeating itself and the godddes could genuinely see why she had attempted to take her own life.