Heavens landing [18]

^Village hidden in the heavens

Recap:
Itachi and Tenshi spend the night at hotel. They finally reach heavens landing. Tenshi's former home.

||

"Heavens Landing..." I murmur in nostalgia.
I side glance at the shocked uchiha beside me with a look of unease. After a moment of examining the cliff.

"This is a cliff..." Itachi murmurs looking perturbed by the mass amounts of  clouds and fog lurking in front of us.

"For your sake I hope you don't have motion sickness." I say with a sly smirk wanting to see the infamous uchiha show something other then his "I'm to good for emotions" facade that seemed to be a common uchiha trait.His eyes meet mine warily catching my smirk.
"Why do I feel like I'm going to regret this."

Itachi's eyes narrow in confusion as the Jikan seemed to be looking at something invisible to the naked eye. She suddenly stepped forward, her body slightly shielding his. Itachi kept silent before his breath hitches as a large breath of air blew on them.

As if hearing his thoughts, The Jikan spoke, "It's my villages guardian. The reason why no one can get in is because the guardian is the only one who can bring us to the village..."

Itachi activated his sharingan and his mouth parted in awe at a colossal Chinese looking dragon. It's massive teeth and snout  were centimeters from Tenshi's own face.

 It's massive teeth and snout  were centimeters from Tenshi's own face

The dragon inhaled before fading back through the fog. Waiting a few seconds, the snow haired girl suddenly jumped off the cliff. Itachi's eyes widened in disbelief as he stood stark still.

"Uchiha what are you waiting for?!" Came her voice through the fog.

Itachi inhaled before closing his eyes and leaping off the cliff. His body floated mid air as he began to fall and for a second he thought he was really going to plummet to his death. About to split into multiple crows and transport himself back up on a cliff, a gloved hand clamps onto his. His head snaps up to see the struggled face of mine. Forcing more chakra into my hands, I grip onto the dragon for dear life. The Uchiha immediately focused chakra to his feet, to stick to the scales alongside her.

Their faces were whipped about by the wind as the dragon soared higher and higher at a fast pace. "Our stop is coming up!" I barked over the wind and I unconsciously grappled onto Itachi's hand, scooting toward the edge of the large dragon.

3

2

1

"Jump!" I shouted and we both vaulted off the large dragon. We smack dead through a wall of clouds and fortunately crash land on earth. Kami no wonder why no one ever went out the  village...this shit is nerve racking! I thought with a frazzled expression. The guardian dragon was a special type of dragon with no ties to the others. If you thought finding the jump point for even starting on the journey to the village was hard. Getting into it was harder. Only those who lived in the village knew the exact time to jump off the dragon. If you didn't jump, then you were assumed to be an outsider and would be eaten. I was surprised I still remembered the jump point. Either way, we had officially stepped foot on my clans territory. There was definitely no going back now.

Pushing my self up with a small wince, I take Itachi's outstretched hand. Letting him lug me up, I turn towards the huge cave in front of us.
Igniting my hand, I lead the way through the cave without a word.

"There's a light ahead. It's the trail." I excl alking alittle bit faster in hopes of reaching the light. Caves weren't my thing. They were to confined and made me uneasy.
I release the fire off my hand with a wave, wiping the imaginary dust off my hands.

We had made good progress and soon enough the familar gates from so long ago appeared in the horizon. I feel Itachi glance my way but he dismissed it upon seeing no signs of reluctance or worry to continue.

We were here now and there was no turning back. I wasn't exactly happy to be here and I'm sure Itachi and even the entire akatsuki knew of that but this was something I'd have to face eventually. Besides, Itachi had been supportive and didn't complain not once.

With each step I took toward, the past, I felt like I was moving on from that part in my life. I swallowed hard as we stopped at the rusted open gates, a sudden flashback of the last time I had seen them.

Back then, I had been walking the other way; telling myself it would be the last time I'd have to go through them...and now here i was.
The hollowness that gripped my heart when I had left was something I remembered clearly.

"Welcome to the village hidden in the heavens." I murmur bitterly staring ahead at something that had yet to be visible.
Itachi narrows his eyes at me in confusion. He knew that this was definitely the place but he couldn't pick out what it was that was making me like this.

"Where is everyone? Where is the village...?"
Beyond the gates the entire area...was just green grass, trees, flowers, and even a calming breeze. It was the ideal setting for a day out.
If you'd glance at the scenery the first time you'd think it was just an unnaturally huge clearing. But the aesthetic background was nothing but a coverup. A coverup to hide the monster I really was.

"The closer you look, the less you see."

I walk alittle ways past the gates leaving Itachi to stay where he was.
He could tell just by the wave of chakra that blared past the gates that there was more to meet the eye. It was the kind of chakra that kept something in and others out. A barrier.
"You wanna know where everything's at right?" I say keeping by back faced to him. This was something I had never shown a single soul in my life and it was nerve racking to say the least. Raising my hand slowing into a handsign I feel my genkai blaring.

"Release."

I heard Itachis breath catch in his throat not being able to form a single sentence. Itachi now knew that whatever I had done it had been placed there for a reason.

The village was stunning to say the least(pic above). However, it was unnervingly quiet. Itachi took notice of the weeds and grass growing within the cement of the path. Unruly vines ensnared the cream colored unique looking buildings around them. Not to mention, the insane amounts of ash coating the ground. This was by far the most advanced structured village he had ever stepped foot in.

"Where is everyone..." Itachi asked for once expressing his curiosity. Despite the aesthetic quality of the village, the Uchiha couldn't shake the daunting feeling he got. The atmosphere of the village almost felt the same as the night his clan.

"6 years ago, my entire village was killed by a Monster in one fell swoop...I'm the..." I glanced down in hidden pain at the bundle of memories consuming my mind from that day. For a moment, I hesitated in revealing the truth. In that moment, I clenched my fists slightly in shame. What would he think of me if he knew I was the cause of this barren wasteland? Itachi had his fair share of blood on his hands just as much as me so why did I care...Maybe it was because this situation was different. I was 100% sure Itachi had his reasons for what he did to his clan. I, on the hand didn't...What happened to this village was merely the result of my rage for what happened to Setsuko. I didn't plan to hurt let alone kill anyone. I just snapped. And even now, I'm dealing with the consequences of my actions. I could still remember having to cremate all the bodies, their ashes littering the very ground we walked on.

"Sole survivor of my village."

Monster that destroyed it.
||

~Author-Sama

🚧