Orochi [20]

Recap:
Itachi and Tenshi are still on their mission but are now in the shrine. Got trapped by huge spiders. Jump into an abyss which is actually water that leads to a shore. Tenshi searches for itachi saving him from a kappa in the process whilst giving him cpr. In the process, she finds out that he is her chosen.

||

After miles of walking, we were now out of the huge cave beach like place to be greeted by an abyss. I thank the gods as glowing white stalagmites and stalactites drape the cavelike hall in a aesthetic way with grass and plants littering the cave ground. There were even tiny rubies of all shapes and sizes sticking from the walls. Before I could marvel in awe, a shiver runs down my spine at the extensive temperature drop. Exhaling, I narrow my eyes as I see my visible breath.

To make even me cold.?

"Do you feel that Tenshi-San?"

My eyes clash with the familar pair of Itachis who now stood a few ways in front of me; his shredded cloak been disgarded like mine. I pause for a moment and furrow my brows at the repetitive yet warm hollow breeze that makes goose bumps rise on my arms.

"Yeah, it almost feels like someone's blowing their hot ass breath on us." I mumble.

Itachi chuckles at my profanic remark, his eyes flickering to the crimson shade of his sharingan briefly. Once I found out, he was my chosen, my demeanor had changed drastically. Especially since I now knew who Itachi truly was and his motives, instead of letting him kick the can, I had this innate need to protect him. Perks of being my chosen.

I internally sighed. Chosen were different from the people I saved when I time jumped; Only Jikan No Me really have the power to change ones fate because they know it. So there was nothing really special about them, unlike the people I saved in the past, chosen got 24/7 protection. That meant their chances of cheating death and their fate bring altered were nearly 100%.

Honestly, I thought the whole concept of the "chosen one" for the users of the Jikan no me was a joke. I couldn't verify the many unanswered questions I had as a kid because once the user dies, another is born. No one knows why users of the Jikan No me have chosen. The excerpts left behind by the other users all said the same thing. Each user left the village and encountered some random outsider of the clan.

They each described an innate need to protect said individual and each one wasn't exactly the common ninja. One persons, chosen was a rogue ninja. Another was kage, thought they never mentioned which one. And a rather sad favorite of mine another chosen went by the name of the White fang. Each excerpt had its own bizarre story filled with romance, action, and thriller. It was the reason why, I always dreamed of the moment I'd leave my village in search of my chosen. However, that plan was stunted by my father who refused the idea of me going on some fools chase. I just never expected for my chosen to be Itachi Uchiha himself... But then again, with my luck I'm not surprised.

Not only, I just so happened to be the lucky person to get the Jikan no me but be born into the main household and have the luxury of hosting the Dragon goddess of time. Let me tell you, between me and my brother; which one do you think was planned? That's the bad luck I have. To be forcefully be given life without a say is the harshest luck of all.

"I guess this is the part where we follow the breeze then?" Itachi's voice replied.

Walking ahead of him I grumble curses as Itachi follows behind me in amusement at my continuous attitude since we've been down here. Don't judge me, you'd be this way to if you were stuck in some unknown place, dirty and cold. I glance over my shoulder as he was now stopped in front of one of the red jewels with his back facing toward me examining a piece of one between his fingers.