Chapter 28

Sanyukta's pov
As soon as we entered the shop I saw everyone was there my mom ,vidhushi, randhir's mom and kaustuki.My mom came and said to us "Where were you both, why did it took you so long to reach here ". Before I could say anything Vanya beat me to it and replied " This all Di's fault mom she forgot about today and was about to leave for office when I stopped her". My mom looked at me and said " Sanyukta now this is way too much even today you were going to office you know that tomorrow is your sister's marriage, tell me today only that  will you atleast reach the wedding on time  or not" . I knew why mom was saying all this as she was upset and she had full right to be as I had actually not helped a lot in this marriage and even I didn't like it but I  didn't just had  responsibilities towards my family but I also  had a responsibility towards the company and since randhir wasn't there  so I was the one who had to take care of everything in the office.I just smiled and said " Ma I know you are upset but you understand the reason why  I have  paid so much attention to the company and I am really sorry for all the tension I caused you but today is vanya's day so shouldn't we do what we are here for, you can shout on me later all you want ". She just sighed as I finished and said " I can't even be angry with you for a long time. Now let's do what we are her for . Vanya go and try the dress once, the one which we  had finalised ." With that Vanya went in the trial room with the  dress and we all waited outside for her .
After 20 mins or so she came outside and I have to say she looked so beautiful in that dress.

After seeing her in that lehenga I noticed mom had got some tears in her eyes not only her but even randhir's mom was getting emotional

I just smiled and said "would you both stop crying like we are sending her somewhere very far away and aunty why are you getting emotional she is coming your house only "they both stared at me and said " you will not understand as you are not a mother" . I just stopped and looked at Vanya and I noticed that she was not as happy and excited as she was on the way here.
But I thought that this might the pre wedding jitters so I didn't think to bother her and even if it's anything I will talk to her later. With that we all left for  home after paying for the dress.
It was evening and today was the mehendi and everybody was already at home as the function was going to start I also left from the office and went home and got ready as fast as possible as I didn't wanted to be late and went to the garden where the function was . And as soon as I reached I saw Vanya there sitting in the centre getting meheni applied on her hands and as always she looked very beautiful even today.