Chapter 4

Avelyn's Point Of View:

I walked in scared. Was I really? I got used to my father abusing it and to be honest: I wasn't scared of him. I was scared, that the bruises will be visible for the people on the road who I pass everyday. Those people who still talk about my mom and my sister. Those people who think, that they know more about my history than I do. I quickly walked upstairs, hoping that he wouldn't notice it. Well, he did.

"Come here, bitch. Today I will fuck you." He growled. What? I heard wrong, right? Please god, no, no, no, no. I slowly turned around to se my fathers lustful and angry gaze on me. "Nice shorts. You ass looks even better in them." He came towards me and caressed my cheek. I whimpered. "You're a lucky girl, Avelyn. A really lucky one." He whispered while he licked my earlobe. Panic extended in my whole body and I started to shake. "Please, no. Don't do this." I begged. I felt a sting on my cheek. "You ungrateful slut! Be happy for once!" With that he kicked my stomach and slapped my face once more. He yanked me up by my hair and ripped my t-shirt off. Luckily I had a tank top underneath it. "You're going to make daddy happy tonight" He said calmly and caressed my cheek with his palm even though he just slapped me. He was so pathetic. "Undress yourself bitch!" He yelled impatiently.

"What the fuck?!" I heard another voice from behind me, where the door was. My fathers and my gaze travelled to the opened door. Tyler. My cousin! He told me he couldn't come so what was he doing here? "Boys! We gotta work to do!" Tyler yelled and three boys immediately ran into my house. I knew them from somewhere, but I couldn't remember where exactly. "You little piece of shit. Let Avelyn go" venom was dripping of his voice, as he gritted those words through his teeth.

"Ah, Tyler" My father said amused "thought you wouldn't come today. Now go and let your old uncle have some fun" "Are you fucking kidding me?" Tyler growled, grasped my dad and kicked him in the guts. He punched and kicked him multiple times and I closed my eyes as I felt a bitter liquid coming up my throat.

One of the boys grabbed me by my upper arm and pulled me away. "Where's your room?" He asked in a soothing voice. I had no idea how he could stay so calm. "U-u-upstairs" I stuttered, because I knew he was one of Tyler's friends and that I could trust them. He carried me upstairs and I led him into my room.

"Hey" he whispered "take some things with ya. I don't think, that you'll see your father again. You'll be living with us. With Tyler, okay?" Why did he mean by ‚I don't think that you'll see your father again'? Are they going to kill him? Will he go into jai? But to be honest, I didn't want to care about that man who called himself my father anymore. I always wanted to get rid of him and maybe I'll forget about him. I didn't have a problem to move in with Tyler. I really trusted him. I stood up for my own sake and took out a suitcase so that I could pack my important things in it. Clothes, books, pencils, sketchbooks, money...

As I finished I looked up to the guy who brought me here. He was standing calmly in front of me and didn't say one word. Not even, that I should hurry. He had brown military hair and was well built. He looked like twenty and I could hear an british accent when he spoke. He had black jeans and a white casual shirt. I looked up at his face and saw his eyes. They were purple. "Uh, I finished? And please tell me, that you're not a vampire or something like that but that those are just contact lenses." I said blushing. Gosh, I was stupid. I saw an amused sparkle flash his eyes as he chuckled.

"No. do not worry. Those are just colored contact lenses." "Okay, good. Sorry." "It's okay." He chuckled again. Then I heard a loud shot. I whimpered. "Tell me it's not what I think" I pleaded and looked up at the guy, whose name I still didn't know. His eyes filled with sorrow as he looked down at me. "Just don't think too much about it. It's going to be okay." I didn't know why, but his voice calmed me.