Chapter 20

Avelyn's Point Of View:

I drove to the so hard to find book shop, because I had the feeling to pass out without some new books. I'm not a nerd, but reading a book just makes you forget about everything else and that's what I'm doing when I'm bored or not feeling well.

Honestly I was dying as I did the research to find it. It wasn't even on the map. I finally pulled over to a small white building with big glass doors and vitrines with a display of books and films. I parked in one of the free parking lots and hurried over to the shop, because some rain droplets started to fall down.

The door slid open like butter as I pushed it and my rosé golden shoes stepped on the light brown floor. The smell of books hit me and I smiled slightly. Hopefully they have some good books here.

I smiled and nodded firmly at the receptionist who could easily pass as my grandmother and she smiled back warmly. The shop was almost empty, just like the parking lot. There was only one car parked beside mine. The guy, who was probably my age roamed through a book shelve. 

Wow, the last time I saw a guy read something... I made my way over to the Fantasy and Horror books and looked through them.

Suddenly the guy was next to me and he flashed me a smirk before handed me a piece of paper.

I'm going to get you soon and if you tell someone

or not come with me,

I'm going to kill your beloved Jason

-S

I shivered and looked back up again, but the guy was nowhere to be seen. I heard an engine roar behind me and glanced behind me, seeing the guy drive away. I was shocked.

He's going to kill Jason?

He's going to get me?

What does he want from me?

Why me?

Without paying further attention to the books I rushed out and ran to the car and drove home. I ran to the house, frantically looking behind me.

I swear that I saw a shadow and stumbled before putting the keys in and locking the door open. Wow, usually the alarm goes off since some keys don't let you enter into McCann's house. I closed the door behind me and breathed out.

I kicked off my shoes and turned around bumping into an hard chest.

"Woah, easy there." I heard Jason's voice say before he chuckled.

"You okay?" "Yeah I'm fine." 

"I don't mean if you're okay because of hurting your head on my perfect muscular chest. I mean if you're okay."

He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and I sighed.

"I'm fine." I lied again and the walked up the stairs, but of course not missing the disappointed look on Jason's face. He knew that I lied.

And just as I was about to go back down and tell him about it my pone beeped.

From: Unknown To: Avelyn

Remember: I'm going to kill him. Don't walk back down, just chill with the girls.

-S

That was too much. Was he really watching me? Where the hell is he?

I threw myself onto my bed and started sobbing into my pillow.

Bad&Boujee started to play and I picked up my phone without even looking at the ID. Probably Brandon.

"Yea?" I asked, my voice hoarse.