Chapter 12

Jason's Point Of View:

I didn't tell the others about the texts yesterday, but I feel like she lied to me when she said that it wasn't him. She believed what I said and that means that she has no idea who he was and who else would text something like this. Avelyn woke up today and drove away to a friend who could put some sketches on sweaters. I didn't really care about what exactly it was about, to be honest. "Boss" Za asked. "Yes." I spat and looked up annoyed. "You have to tell em when we'll do the Scorpions mission." He said quietly. "Meeting. Tonight. 22 p.m sharp." I coldly said and walked upstairs into my office. After 30 minutes I got interrupted again. This time it was Ryan. "Yo, Jason. We're going skating. Coming with us?" He asked. "Nah, I have things to take care of bro." "Okay man. I'll tell the others." He walked out again and quietly closed the door behind him. He knew how much I hated it when someone left it open or closed it loudly. I turned back to my papers.

(1 hour later)

I heard someone downstairs and grabbed the gun that it always on my desk. I loaded it and quietly opened the door before I walked downstair. I turned around to check once in a while. I heard that the person was in the living room. We had different floors in all the rooms and even though they looked all the same, you could hear the difference. You just had to concentrate enough. I ran, quiet like a cat, grabbed the person by the neck and pressed the barrel to her back. 

She screamed and looked at me. Her ice blue eyes met mine and I immediately dropped the gun, regretting what I wanted to do. Fuck. "What the hell Jason." She half whined and half yelled. She started to punch my chest and I stumbled backwards surprised. 2Why would you scare me like this." "Oh my god, Lynny. I'm so fucking sorry. I thought that it was someone else, I swear. Please forget this, I wouldn't hurt you." I apologized. She went with her hand through her long brown hair and her golden highlights reflected in the light. She exhaled deeply. "Put that gun away. I don't like it." She mumbled and went to the kitchen. She opened the fridge and took out some water. I hid the gun a came back to see her sitting no the sofa. 

"I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable" I started and sat next beside her. "But I feel like you're not telling me the whole truth bout your dream. I think that it was about something important and I wish that you'd tell me about it. I promise, I won't laugh or not take it seriously. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on." I looked at her carefully. Afraid, that she'll get upset and go up to her room and cry all alone. That's something I don't want. I want to be there while she cries, as much as it hurts me, I want to be there. She looked at me with glossy eyes. 

"You know, it's not just about him. My dad. My older sister, she died in a car accident with me in the car. I was 6 years old back then and that's why I wear the bracelet with the little 6 on it. She gave it to me a year before she died and said 'That's when I'll end'. I had no idea what she meant by that because I was so little, but I think that she knew that she'll die soon. As she died everything went down in our family. My mom started to have problems because she couldn't handle the loss. Currently she's at a uhh mental home, but I never went visit. They said that it would be too dangerous. To be honest, I don't care because after my sister May died I was sad too, you know. I was with her in the damn car. I saw my sister die and after they buried her my parents started to blame her death on me. My father started hitting me and my mom took more and more medicaments. They weren't sad. They were too stupid to handle the sadness. You gotta do it right. I cried, kept the bracelet and pictures. They didn't cry once and threw everything away. My pictures too, but I was able to keep the bracelet since they had no idea that it was from her. I'm so fucked up on the inside, but no one really knows that...." 

She started to cry in the middle of it, but I still understood everything. I hugged her as tight as possible and pecked her forehead letting my lips linger there for a moment. I was sad and happy at the same time. Happy, because she actually opened up to me and told me about everything, even though I don't think that she'd do it, if Tyler was here. And I was sad, because I didn't want her to have such a horrible past. It killed me to know how often she cried alone without someone to hold her. How she bottled everything up. How her parents had been treating her. 

She didn't deserve this past. I wish that I could just erase it and put a new one inside of her head. Actually, she only became to the person she is right now because of her past and she's perfect. She was so strong, I understand why she keeps so calm with all of us. Her whole body shook as she sobbed in my chest. She hold on to my shirt like she needed me so she wouldn't sink and I didn't let her. After a while her breathing got calmer and soon there were no more tears rolling down her soft cheeks. I kissed her cheek as I felt her falling asleep. "Goodnight princess." I whispered in her ear. After I was sure that she slept I took her bridal style and carried her upstairs.

 I heard the others come back and I looked at a watch. Almost 22 p.m. I laid her down on her bed and tugged the sheets around her so she wouldn't get cold. I caressed her cheek one last time and was just about to turn around as I heard her mumble "I really like you Jason." I smiled and looked down at her. "I really like you too." I whispered and backed away. I love it that she talks in her sleep. I don't think that she could lie while sleeping. I quietly walked out and carefully closed the door before I walked downstairs to attend the meeting.

Note: I know, this one was really short but I feel like I needed this one so that Jason and Avelyn could come closer. I think this will change a lot for both of them.