chapter 5

Sign Of The Time- Harry Styles

This is dedicated to pinkshadow7801 for her voting. Thank you so much!!!! 

Edited by MerakiMeg

***

The following day, I was woken up by my blaring alarm. Groggily, I slammed my hand on my alarm clock. I planted my head back on my pillow, delaying the inevitable on getting up. I just hated mornings, I had never been a morning person, ever. In fact, I'm the complete opposite. On mornings, I'm cranky. I'm not the person you want to be around. Even my two best friends have told me multiple times that I'm a pain.

With a defeated sigh, I get up. I got Goosebumps when my skin got exposed to the piercing cold. Another thing I hate is the cold; I can never cope with it.

After going to the bathroom and doing the basic things, I walk over to my walk-in wardrobe. Courtesy of my loving parents. Tonight I have cheer practice so it means I have to wear my uniform. Great, this means all of the guys are going to be staring at me again.

Sighing, I put on the outfit, the blue and white colors making it look somewhat better.

Finally finishing with getting changed, I make my way to my dressing table. Many photo frames are scattered on it, featuring me and my friends and family. I love taking photos, capturing memories. Hence, I have them all around my room. It made sure I would never forget anything precious.

Smiling at the photo of me, Ren and Cora at the beach a year ago, I tie my hair up. It was a great day for us; we had messed around, gone swimming and a few guys asked for our numbers. I was flattered, I had never had so many guys ask for my number in one day. Let alone super hot guys.

I glanced at the clock and saw I had twenty minutes until lessons so, with a quick dash to my bag, I raced down the stairs. By the looks of things, I don't have time for breakfast today, due to my extra amount of sleep. It took around ten minutes to drive to school, adding on five minutes to talk to Ren and Cora plus the time to get to lessons and my locker.

"Morning mom and dad," I greeted as I entered the kitchen, taking a spare apple.

"Morning sweetie, did you press the snooze button again?" Mom asked, a warm smile on her face. Sometimes I wondered how my mom could be so happy and joyful in the morning. We were the complete opposite.

"Yup." I answered, popping the 'p'. "And now I need to go otherwise I'll be late."

"Okay honey, bye." Mom waved.

"Bye Anna." Dad also waved.

With a wave, I walk to the front door, munching on my apple. Just as I opened the door, I hear mom shout something. "Find a boyfriend honey! I want to be a grandmother." My cheeks heated up as I saw some people close to my house give me a funny look. Mom had shouted that loud enough for them to hear. Great. Love you too.

I faintly heard dad scold mom, which brought a small smile to my face. My mom really was crazy.

I hopped into the car and drove to school. My mind wondered to Xavier, the notorious bad boy who all of a sudden had taken an interest in me. I prayed he had forgotten all about me and that he would find another girl to torment. However, a very small part of me hated that thought. I wanted him to annoy me, to only pay attention to me. I wanted him to-

"Don't even go there," I growl. I have to distract myself - Xavier's starting to get to my head. He's making me feel conflicted about all of this. I hate him yet I feel attracted to him.