chapter 46

Can't Hold Us - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton

Dedication: matildaandmolly

Loud music boomed through the large house as we drove into the street

Loud music boomed through the large house as we drove into the street. There was flashing lights everywhere, all different colors like this were some flashy gala event. On the actual house itself, there was toilet paper hanging down off of the roof; on the actual lawn, there was red paper cups and a few bodies. 

People here had already collapsed from the amount of alcohol they had. We all hopped out of the car and Xavier walked over to me, grabbing my hand tightly. 

The rest of the gang was already here waiting by the door, looking relatively bored. Jess had an uncomfortable look on her face. When she turned to look at me, I gave her a warm, reassuring look. If anybody messed with her here, either Xavier or I would deal with them. 

Without knocking, we stepped into the hectic party. To the left was the main, massive living room where people were dancing and making out. To my right, there was a room with a ping pong table, couches, and a mini bar. 

Everybody here was wearing outfits, some wearing some classic Halloween outfits even though it's not Halloween whilst others went more extreme like us. I noticed a few in 80s clothing— some in Madonna outfits and some in more bizarre outfits. 

As soon as Ren saw the bar, she was off. Cora and I shared a look, knowing she will be passed out in an hours time. 

Ren's a lightweight. 

Derek and Cora also head off to the bar, probably to watch Ren.

The three of us that are left walk into the games room. We step in and immediately, a drunken body stumbles into me. The guy, a typical jock with blonde hair and blue eyes, glances at us and his eyes widen as he see's us. Particularly me.

"Sorry sweetheart didn't see you there," he slurs unattractively whilst trying to stand up straighter. He puffs his chest out slightly like I would immediately fall for his well—defined chest. Even though my much more attractive boyfriend is standing right next to me. "Boy, you look very hot...hey I know you! You're that hot cheerleader that beat Stacy. You did great at the dance battle. I totally saw you winning it. Do you want to head out on a date? Or do you want to maybe head up— "

"She will not be heading anywhere with you," Xavier furiously spits. His hand on mine tightens and he clenches his jaw tighter than you screw a nail.

The jock looks taken aback by Xavier's harsh voice. He widens his blue eyes and holds his hands up in surrender. Then his eyes trail over to Jess who keeps glancing at him warily.

"Well hello beautiful," he tries again with Jess, moving closer to her. I scrunch my nose at the stench of alcohol coming off of him; I notice Jess mirroring my action.