chapter 8

Shape Of You- Ed Sheeran

This chapter is dedicated to va_in_the_moon13 for the voting. Thank you!!! :)

The field was busy as I strolled to it. Unfortunately, whenever it's not below 5 degrees, we have to share the football field with the jocks. If you ask me, whoever came up with it was dumb. For starters, the jocks spend the majority of their practice time staring at us. And the worst part is, the girls let them ogle them.

I dump my bags where the rest of the cheer squad's purses are. Most of them have the latest, most expensive branded bags that they probably made their parents buy.

I go over to a spare bit of space and start stretching. I bend over and allow my legs to stretch – I do it until I feel comfortable. And then I do the splits, raising my hands over my head. I start to observe everyone on the field, my eyes wonder to the boys first. Most of them are talking in groups, with their kits on, whilst staring lustfully at us. My eyes catch a few of their eyes and they raise a suggestive eyebrow which causes me to roll my eyes.

Boys.

Then my eyes wonder to the person the head cheer leader: Stacy.

She had her platinum blonde hair in a high pony tail, with her face caked in make-up. Her outfit looked too small for her, with the top reaching the middle of her stomach. Don't even get me started on her skirt. 

Stacy was blabbing to her two sidekicks, Chloe and Freya. They were more like her clones. Both of them followed and copied whatever Stacy did. It was really sad. 

 Stacy seems to be talking about another guy she was with which made the girls congratulate her. However, her eyes keep moving to find a certain boy, that boy being Xavier. Anyone who is smart can tell she still misses him and that she fell into his trap. She's probably completely in love with him. Knowing her, she's probably trying to find a way to make him jealous.

Like the great Xavier could get jealous. I thought sarcastically.

"Alright girls, let's get into the first position." Our coach calls and I move to the front. Because I'm a small person, I'm made to be at the front and to be the flyer. Which isn't that bad, I quite enjoy being chucked in the air. 

We practice the first minute of the routine for around half an hour and then we have a break. I can tell you now that I feel knackered. Our coach really wants us to win the competition this year. 

I move away from the rest of the group and grab my water bottle. Plonking on the ground, I take a sip and immediately feel better. When finishing the drink, I lie down and stare at the beautiful sky, trying to ignore the two eyes on me. 

I know its Xavier, who is over by the jocks. I try and ignore him but its harder then you think. 

Then a shadow comes into my view, blocking the sun. I sit up, ready to tell Xavier to go away when I find out its not Xavier but Stacy. 

Well shit.

"Can I have a word with you?" Stacy rudely asks me, putting a hand on her hip. 

"Uh, sure." I answer, unsure.

I stand up and wipe the no-existent dirt off of me. Stacy's eyes roam around me, taking every bit of me in. I feel exposed by her, especially by the look of disgust she gives me. 

I cross my arms together, rubbing the upper part of my arms. 

"You need to stay away from him." She suddenly states.