chapter 42

Peanut Butter Jelly - Galantis

I'm doing a double update today (wahoo)! So check out chapters 42 and 43! 

Dedicated to: rori215

After me and Xavier's argument, we went on a hunt to find Ren

After me and Xavier's argument, we went on a hunt to find Ren. Turns out she and the brown—haired boy, known as Micheal, really was interested in her. Ren had rambled about how he was really shy at first like she was making the introductions awkward but after he announced how much he liked acting and theatre productions, they had hit it off.

By the end of their chat, Ren had given her number to him and had arranged a date. I squealed at that, happy for my best friend and proud she actually found a guy. Well, sort of found a guy.

Next, we sent a message to Cora and told her we were leaving. She messaged a reply saying she was going to stay to talk with Derek. Hopefully, they will finally sort everything out and will try to go back to where they left off. I'm praying Cora's going to stop punishing Derek for his mistake and will see that there's an obvious attraction between them.

Derek really wants to give them a go again. He seems very upset and depressed about the whole ordeal. I'm just hoping Cora will see past the veil of doubt she's cascaded around herself and will see his desperation.

Xavier kindly dropped me off, with Ren and Jess going in the other car. The whole drive back, Xavier had my hand in his and was rubbing soothing circles on my wrist. When we got to my house, he pulled me into his chest, instantly after turning off the ignition.

He kissed me a goodbye, mumbling how he was going to miss me and drove off, promising to pick me up tomorrow morning earlier than usual so he could take me out for breakfast. This man.

With that, I happily went to sleep, my thoughts on Xavier instead of on Chris.

"Morning Princess," Xavier greets as soon as I get into the car.

"Hello," I chirp with a bright smile. It feels like today will good day, I don't have to worry about Chris on my own anymore. I can continue to worry about normal teenage stuff. Even if he will be in the back of my mind.