chapter 11

Ex's & Oh's - Elle King

I'm dedicating this chapter to Queen_kristinaaaa for all of the votes! Thank you so much!!:)

My mouth was agape as I discreetly flicked by eyes between Cora and Derek. She fancied him? Cora, the girl who vowed not to love whilst in school, had a crush.

I can now say my mind has been blown.

"Hi girls." Derek greeted us, giving us a small smile. I didn't miss the way his eyes lingered on Cora for a long time. I nearly squealed in delight when I realized how well those two would go together. Both were athletic and good looking, with personalities that almost balanced each other out. A perfect fit.

I was so shipping this.

"Hello." I shortly replied. I needed to think of a way to get Derek and Cora talking. The sooner the better. If I left the table now, Xavier would follow me, leaving those two to get acquainted. "Right so, I'm going to the library to do some last-minute homework."

I announce, getting up. "But you said you did it all- "I cut Cora off by hitting her arm painfully. She yelps in surprise and shuts her mouth. Good.

"Bye guys." I walk off, knowing Xavier is following behind me. I'm praying that Stacy is watching this right now otherwise I'm screwed – I mean dead.

Xavier doesn't say a single thing throughout the journey to the library, making me curious to whether he was following me at all. But when I hear his footsteps down the nearly empty corridors, I know he is behind me. I'm not going to lie but I am wondering why he hasn't said anything. He usually has a lot to say.

I step into the quiet library and sit down on one of the coaches. Unfortunately, Cora was right. I had done all my homework and my brain didn't need to be overloaded with more information from studying. I closed my eyes, rubbing my cheeks to distract myself from Xavier who had now sat down right next to me.

We sat in silence for a few minutes until it was too deafening for me. Why was he not talking? Was this his new way of torturing me? Because this strategy is a good one. It's really working.

"What's up with you?" I asked him, looking at him from the corner of my eyes.

Xavier turned to look at me, his face slightly blank. "What exactly did Stacy say to you?"

My whole body stiffens at what he said. So, he did know. I thought he knew something, but I didn't realize he knew it was Stacy.

"Nothing." I reply, looking away. I didn't want him to see my face because then he would know I was lying. Not that my obvious reaction was enough to confirm it or anything.

"Don't lie." He growls, his large hands grabbing my elbows to make me look at him. I try not to notice how nice it feels to have him touching me like this but it's a lot harder than expected. Tingles are shooting up my arms, my heart is increasing at the proximity between us and my mind is foggy. I think he notices something too as he lets go of me.