chapter 30

Changing - Sigma feat. Paloma Faith 

This chapter is dedicated to @sarcastier for her endless voting. Thank you so much!! 

"What the hell?" Ren hisses

"What the hell?" Ren hisses. "Annabella, this is is crazy. Don't do it."

I shake my head. "I have to. For Cora and every other girl she's tormented."

Stacy's ruined so many people, her rules destroying innocents girls. If nothing went her way, if people didn't do what she wanted or if somebody took something that belonged to her, then she would make your life a living hell. Essentially, she was the queen. Mess with her and you're done, mess with her and your life seizes to exist.

She ruined countless girls, shunning them, bullying them and even going so far as making them leave the school in tears.

But I'm going to change that. Winning this competition will mean Stacy will lose her reputation. She won't be seen as the queen anymore. She'll just be...Stacy.

"Annabella, she'll destroy you." Ren's worried face almost hurts me. My own friend doesn't think I'm going to be able to win this. What kind of support is that?

"You have such little faith." I joke, trying not to let the hurt in my voice leak. I always thought my two best friends would give me support at least.

Ren sighs, looking apologetic. "That's not what I mean Anna. I—I, she's ruthless. I know she will cheat; I don't want to see you on the receiving end. Anna, I'm begging you please don't do this."

I get where's she coming from now but she doesn't understand that I have to do this for every girl here. Stacy's a bully that needs to be put down.

"Ren, I'm doing this and that's final. I'd like to have your support but if I don't then..."

"But—"

"Just stop whining Ren and let her do it." Cora snaps, cutting Ren off. "This is her choice. She has   free—will and can do whatever she wants. Personally, I think this competition is great and will teach Stacy a real lesson. You go girl." She winks and I giggle.

Its great to know Cora's all for me. Even after having her heart broken, she's still standing for her friends. Plus, I think she wants revenge for what happened. I don't blame her, I'd want to get some revenge too.

"Fine." Ren defeatedly says, running a hand through her blonde hair. "I believe in you."

I squeal, running into her arms. Now that I have both of my friends on my side, I can't help but feel heart warmed that they support me.

I'm about to turn around to walk with the girls to our first lesson when a hand grabs my arm, letting sparks ignite all through my arm. A shiver goes down my spine at the sensation.

Turning around, I face Xavier's unreadable expression. The passive expression has my nerves increasing—is he mad? Is he annoyed that I possible cost my friendship or relationship with him just to prove a point?