chapter 41

Feel The Love - Rudimental feat. John Newman

"Princess!" Xavier shouts as he rushes out of the doors, a desperate look on his face

I pull away from Jess and furiously wipe the tears away. How dare he call me that when that just happened in front of my face. The bastard.

"You have no right to call me that." I hiss, clenching my fists. "You—you asshole! How could you? Huh? How could you?!"

Xavier doesn't speak at first. His mouth keeps opening and shutting, like a goldfish.

"Are you with her? Huh? Was this some sort of game to you?! Were you with her the whole time? Have you both been laughing at me behind my back as you make me fall for you? I bet you have. I should have never given you my heart, I should have known better. Once a manwhore, always a man— -"

Xavier cuts me off with a "no!"

More tears are falling down my cheeks now and I continue to wipe them away. I'm pathetic, crying. I knew he would move onto a more prettier—maybe more annoying—but a better girl nonetheless. I'm such a fool.

"What then? You just let her kiss you, in front of me, without pulling away." I harshly say. "You. Are. An. Asshole." I grit out, poking him in the chest harder each time.

Xavier sputters back, his grey eyes wide. He can't even defend himself from the truth.

I scoff. "Can't even give me an excuse. Thought as much."

Then I turn on my heel and storm off. I'm such a fool. I bet when I go to school tomorrow everyone will be laughing at me, especially Stacy with her bitchy face.

"Princess wait! No! You've got it all wrong. Please stop walking, please." He begs, trailing after me. I ignore him and continue to follow Jess.

A hand grabs mine and pulls me to a familiar chest. I start to struggle in his hold, my fisted hands punching his chest. "Let me go! I hate you! Let me go!" I hysterically yell, thrashing like a lunatic.

We stay like that for a while, with me hollering at him whilst he holds me, not saying a thing.

Eventually, I stop from exhaustion and I just pathetically sob like the sad girl I am. Xavier's arms come around me and he pulls me into a hug.

"Princess, I would never try to harm you. That girl." He distastefully spits out, "she was from my past. I hate her, you're the only girl for me. I love you and I'm so sorry I didn't push her off, I was in a state of shock. I only came out of it once I saw you running off. Princess, I love you more than anything. If I lost you, I—I don't know what I would do. I need you. Please...please forgive me."

I listen to him, my heart beating rapidly in my chest at everything he's saying. I don't know what to think. Can I believe him?

"Xavier— "