chapter 25

Meet Me Halfway - The Black Eyed Peas

This chapter is dedicated to olaflover28 for the votes. Thank you!!!

"Oh my gosh! That was amazing Xavier

"Oh my gosh! That was amazing Xavier." I gush. "Thank you so much for taking me there." 

Xavier sends me a genuine smile that has my heart skipping like a maniac. He looks so handsome with it. "You're welcome." 

We continue to walk away from Trafalgar Square, Xavier's hand gently holding onto mine. I can feel the electricity of us holding onto each other and the intense pull. Sometimes, I wonder if he can feel it too. I hope he does because then it has to mean something. 

I've noticed over the past few hours, I actually had a good time --minus the whole disagreement at breakfast and all. But, I am enjoying Xavier's presence. I can stand being around him, I like being around him. 

"So what next?" I ask, swinging our arms together as we start to walk through Covent Garden Market. 

"Well, that's up to you." He answers.

"Um..." I say, trying to think of a place to go. My eyes roam around this market. It seems nice, I wouldn't mind looking around here. "Can we walk through here?"

"Of course." 

The market has a range of stools, from flower stools to fashion boutiques. I stop at a few to take in the beautiful items. 

"Do you like stuff like this?" Xavier asks as we stop at a stool that has flower made jewelry. 

I nod my head. "Yeah, my grandmother used to own her own florist and she'd often make bracelets and necklaces for me. I used to love wearing flower crowns to school." 

Xavier chuckles as I smile at the memory. "Really?"

"Yeah." I smile. "She used to say I was the flower princess." 

Xavier looks down at me, his grey eyes gazing at me with happiness. "Well, I see you as the flower queen." 

My cheeks burn a bright red color as I stare into his eyes. He has this way with words that just makes me feel so...special. 

"Thanks." I nervously say, biting my lip as I look away from him. Sometimes, he makes me feel so many different emotions. 

Now, I'm not normally nervous around boys but with Xavier, I feel so nervous. It might be because I don't have any experience with them so the attention and comments make me nervous. I don't know how to react to them. I don't know how to react to him. 

Its still hard to phantom that fact that he's interested in me. I'm plain, there isn't anything special about me yet Xavier seems to think there is. I'm scared though that one day, he'll just see me as the boring person that I am and will go after a prettier, more intriguing girl.