Chapter 38

[A/N: *bruno's voice* guess who's back again.]

"Mommy!" A high-pitched voice ringed my ears making me whipped my head and a smile spread on my lips when I saw the five-year-old kid waving her hand and making her way to me, her backpack is bouncing repeatedly from the way she jogs quickly to where I am.

I kneel down to her level and she went to hug my neck tightly. "I miss you, Mommy." She muttered out against my neck.

"We haven't seen each other for only two days, Danny." I chuckled softly and ruffle her curly locks. "But I miss you too, you little cutie." I grab her small pink lunch box from her hand and I carry it for her.

A pout appears on her lips and I can't help but lean it and kiss her forehead. "But two days was too long. You didn't stay over last night." She said and frowned started to show up on her face. "I thought we were going to have a movie marathon, like we used to do every night with Mama."

"I'm sorry but I know two days was too long but Mommy was busy at that time though. I'm doing a lot of... things." I trailed off as I give her a shrug and lift her up in my arms. She wraps her arms around my neck and I hold her securely.

Daniela doesn't have any idea that her Mama and I broke up. She doesn't have any idea that her Uncle Justin and I just fought. She doesn't have any idea that things are messy right now. And I don't even have any idea how should I tell the little kid that her Mama and Uncle Justin hurt me. I don't know how to tell her that there's a chance that her Mama and I might not get back together.

I haven't talked to Camila since the day I found out that her and Justin had a drunken hook-up. She kept on calling me and asking me to give her a chance to explain herself, I want to give her some time to tell me what really happened- I want her to give another shot to fix everything, but at the same time, I don't. She cheated on me and being drunk is not an excuse to do that.

And Justin, he tries to apologize for what happened that night. But I try my best to avoid him, even when the two of us are at The Grid, I always make sure that we won't be bumping into each other, because I don't think I can bear to see him after what he and my ex-girlfriend did.

I know I should stop seeing Danny but I promised her that I would never leave her again, that's why I'm doing my best to make that promise to her. And I couldn't hurt her again, I will never hurt and make her cry again, I promise her that I wouldn't do the stupid mistake I did before.

I felt a finger poking my cheek that made me broke out of my train of thoughts. I look to the girl that I'm holding and saw her smiling at me. "But don't you worry, I'm free for today and the next day, the next next day. Well, I'm free for the whole week. We can go wherever you want."

Her chocolate brown eyes that's similar to her Mama started to glint in happiness and she looks at me with a grin on her face. "Really, Mommy? We will go any place that I want?" She asked and I can hear excitement in her voice.

I nodded my head and I watch as she taps her chin with her index finger while looking up, thinking deeply. "Can we go to the zoo?" She asked while giving me her charming smile.

"Of course, we can go tomorrow since tomorrow is Saturday, that means..."

"I don't have school tomorrow!" She announced excitedly and claps her hands.

"That's right," I laugh and kiss her cheeks. "Wait, let's go to Teacher Ally."

"Why?"

"I'm going to let her know that I'm the one who picked you up from school." I said and we made our way inside her classroom.