Chapter 1 - Signatures

Tuesday, May 29 -- School

"I feel like crying,"  I exclaimed when Maryanne handed me a paper signed by Harry Styles himself.  "I love you!"  I pulled my best friend into a hug, incredible for someone who does not particularly like hugs.  

"Your welcome, Allie!"  she replied, suffocated by my hug.

I released her at least, staring teary-eyed with joy at the piece of paper.  "Did you know that Harry signs his name with just one r?"  I asked, grazing my fingers over the letters, unable to even comprehend the fact that Harry Styles touched it as well.

"Really?"  She asks, coming closer to scrutinize the paper.  "I can't even tell."

I laughed.  "I wouldn't have known either if I hadn't watched all those Harry Styles Facts videos on youtube."

Maryanne giggled.  "I'm sure my 'friend' would've done the same thing," she joked.

I chuckled, thinking about the reason this autograph was in my possession.  Maryanne's friend, Eliza Fields, met One Direction a few months ago and Maryanne had asked for two autographs -- one for her and one for a 'friend'.  Eliza would have never gotten an autograph for me if I had asked, she simply hates me too much for whatever reason.  So Maryanne asked for me, leaving the name of her friend unmentioned.

"Zayn's signature is beautiful," she gushed, staring glassy-eyed at her paper autographed by Zayn.  

"Mrs. Malik?"  I began.

"Yes, Mrs. Styles?"  She glanced up at me.

"We are one step closer to our husbands."

                                                                                     *****

Wednesday, May 30 -- School

"What?"  I practically screamed right before homeroom started.  Maryanne winced in my sudden outbreak.

"i know!  I wanted to cry."

"How did this even happen?"  I asked, lowering my voice so that people would stop staring.

"They've been texting for two months."

I let out a breath.  "Holy freaking crap . . . . I don't mean to make you feel worse but . . .at least she's not dating Harry."

She glared at me, a grin playing on her lips.    She laughed lightheartedly.  "You're so mean!"

I chuckled.  "Sorry!  But still, butthead Eliza Fields doesn't deserve Zayn."  

"Don't tell anyone, though.  The media doesn't even know."

"Wow.  Really?  That's crazy."

"Right?"

"I'm not gonna let no one steal your man!"  I teased.  "I'll punch her in the face for you."

She snickered.  "All right, Allie, you do that."

I was forced to be silenced for homeroom but I could barely contain myself.  I could not believe that Eliza was dating Zayn Malik.  I knew she was beautiful, but that beauty is evident only on the outside.    Her insides contain enough insults to last me a lifetime.  I obviously question Zayn's motives.  Where did the idea of dating Eliza even come from?  If I ever were to meet him, the first thing I'd do is slap some sense into that beautiful face!

(Picture of Allie on side)