Chapter 22 - Twitcam

"Ya know that Paul doesn't let anyone drive the van, right?" Niall laughed as I accelerated the gas petal, exiting the ice cream place. "It's amazing, that he already trusts ya. He doesn't trust any of the lads driving this rig."

"I don't blame him!" I exclaimed, keeping careful watch of the fans encompassing the van. Niall had been discovered, but at least we'd spent a considerable amount of time together before we had to vacate the scene.

"I love you, Niall!" screamed the numerous voices of girls outside. Niall unrolled his window and waved as I drove away.

Niall spent a few moments doing this before rolling up his window and proclaiming, "We should do a twitcam when we get back."

"Yes! You should, because I've never actually seen you guys do one live."

"No, I meant we as in you and me." He swung his finger back and forth between the two of us.

"Me? Why would I be in your twitcam?"

He shrugged cutely. "Why wouldn't ya?"

"Um . . . maybe because I'm not in One Direction?"

"Ah, it doesn't matter. We rarely do twitcams all together anyway. And I mean, I've done twitcams with our drummer before. It's no big deal."

I said nothing and only nodded slowly. What would public think if they saw Niall and I doing a twitcam while they all thought I was going out with Harry? I guess it didn't really matter, considering Harry and I weren't actually dating, but still, I wouldn't want to give One Direction a worse rep than they already thought they had.

When we arrived at the hotel, I had barely taken off my seat belt when Niall sprung out of his seat and dashed to the other side of the van to open my door for me.

"Oh! Thanks, Niall," I beamed.

"No problem."

As we walked to the door, Niall kept brushing his arm into mine, the friction tingling my skin. Something told me he was doing this on purpose. Just as we'd reached the door, it swung open and smashed me in the forehead.

"I'm so sorry, Ma'am!" exclaimed the guy from the other side of the door. He squeezed through the door and his eyes widened in astonishment.

"Paul?" Niall exclaimed. "Look what you did! You alright, Allie?" He encompassed his arms around my body and I hugged him back earnestly.

"Ouch," I shrieked, slightly dramatically.

"Let me see." Niall pulled away and peered at my forehead, tracing his fingers along my skin. His other hand slid down my arm and clutched my hand.

"Ms. Watson, I am so sorry," Paul exclaimed. "Is there anything I can do?"

"It's okay, Paul, really. I'm okay.". By this time, I had slithered out of Niall's grasp.

"But ya have a red mark on your forehead," Niall informed me.

"I'm sure it'll go away," I assured him.

"I'm glad you're okay, Ms. Watson. You two'd better get inside now before anyone sees you. Oh, and Ms. Watson, thank you for bringing Niall home on curfew," Paul teased, winking.

"Your welcome, Paul! Niall was a good boy."

Paul chuckled briefly then began on his way toward the van to park it elsewhere. "Alright, kids. See you later."

"Bye!" Niall waved before turning to me. "It's twitcam time."

I grinned, rolling my eyes, as I followed him through the hotel lobby.  We rode the elevator up to the twelfth floor and entered through the door that led to his and Liam's room.  Clothes were scattered everywhere, and a scent of axe mixed with bad odor swirled in the air.  Niall retrieved his lap top off his bed and plopped down.  Glancing up at me, he patted the spot next to him on the bed.