Chapter 7 - Who Allie Fancies

Harry didn't ask.  I think he could see I did not want to talk about it, so we instead walked back to the others in silence.  On the way, I cleared my head of what I had seen in the kitchen.  It is something I will ponder later . . .. When we arrived at volleyball court, we handed out the glasses of water to everyone and returned to our places in the grass.

"Eliza and I want to try going to breakfast again,"  Zayn proclaimed after he took a sip from his water.

"So . . . you never actually ate breakfast?" questioned Harry.  Zayn shook his head.

"We didn't either, really," I reminded Harry, glancing in his direction.  

"Yeah, we just got smoothies," he told Zayn.  "I had already eaten, so it was more of a late morning snack."

"I had eaten, too.  It's, what, 10:30?  I wouldn't be able to eat this late, I always wake up hungry."

Harry appeared to be on the verge of agreeing with me, but he unexpectedly sprung up from the grass and staggered many feet away from us.  

"Harry?  Harry, what's wrong?"  I exclaimed, frowning at the horrified expression in his face.  I watched as the color drained from his face.

"S-snakes.  I hate snakes."

I spun around toward the garden and caught glimpe of a snake slithering into a bush.  When I returned my gaze to Harry, he was walking swiftly toward the other side of house to keep a considerable distance from it.

"Aw, Harry!"  Eliza moaned, boosting herself up from the ground.  She dashed toward Harry and swung her arms around him.

"Harry's got a terrible fear of snakes," Zayn informed me.

I nodded and we rose from the ground.  When we got to the side of the house, I rose a brow at the sight of Eliza hugging Harry tightly, her head buried into his chest.  His arms hung limply in the air above her but he lowered them slowly and patted her on the back uncomfortably.  

"Uh . . . I think I'm okay now.  Thanks you," he murmured to her gently.  It was several seconds, however,  before she released her grip from him.

Zayn and I approached Harry, and I asked, "Are you okay?"

He gazed me staight in the eye and nodded solemnly.  I had to glance away, becoming anxious that my heart would beat right out of my chest if I stared for too long into his beautiful eyes.  My gaze fell on Dad's car pulling out of the driveway.  I studied the silhouetted figure behind the window of the car.  This was the most I'd seen of Dad all week.

Harry turned to where my eyes were focused then returned his eyes to me, an expression of puzzlement on his face.

"My dad must be going somewhere," I stated simply.

Zayn, who had been discussing a destination for lunch with Eliza, proclaimed, "We've found a place. And then we'll be going somewhere after, so we'll have some man time this afternoon, Harry?"

"Sounds good."

"All right.  I suppose we'll have to drive back to get Eliza's car, though.  It's still on Cobblestone Street."

I tossed Zayn my keys.  "You can get the car after the date, if you want, to avoid the risk of fans mobbing you again."

Zayn smiled, breathing uneasily.  "Are you sure you trust me with your car?  We've only just met."

"Sure!  As long as your carefull and everything."

"Thank you, thank you so much!  I will guard your car with my life!"