Chapter 26 - Red Carpet

Sunday, June 17

"I have a present for you."  I grinned up at Harry whose eyes where sparkling with a delightful glee.

We were now in Los Angeles where the boys would be attending the red carpet event for Nickolodian's newest movie.  I couldn't remember what it was, but it had something to do with igloos and snow.  I wasn't exactly sure, but all I knew was that I'd be stuck to roam the hotel with nothing to do while this happened.  

Currently, we were in the lobby of the hotel we were going to check into, waiting to get into our hotel rooms.  Luckily, since it was two in the morning, there was no one else checking in.  As it turned out, there were advantages to driving the tour bus instead of flying on a plane.  Fans might not know which hotels the boys would check into.

After the concert two nights ago, we only stayed one last night in Sacremento.  The boys had interviews all day yesterday, so we didn't leave until evening.

"You do?"  I giggled, clasping my hands together.

He nodded and revealed a large box wrapped in a pink ribbon that had been hidden behind his luggage.  Handing it to me, I took it into my arms and unraveled the ribbon.

"Harry,"  I cried, lifting from the box a gorgeous, white dress decorated with gold embellishment.  "This is beautiful!  Why did you get me this?"

He shrugged innocently.  "What did you think you were going to wear on the red carpet?"

My eyes bulged from their sockets as I gaped at him speechlessly.  "What?"

"Yeah . . . what?"  Niall demanded, leaving his previous conversation with the other guys.  A crease appeared between this brows and I saw that his muscles tensed as his hands tightened into a fist.

"Alright, bring it in,"  I smirked, opening my arms.

"I'm so proud of myself for turning you into a touchy person,"  teased Harry as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You're all there is to blame!"

"And you're very welcome."

We pulled away and from beside me, I caught glance of Niall who stared at me with his mouth hanging open, but he immediately closed it and neutralized his features when we locked eyes.

I turned back to Harry.  "Thank you so much, Harry.  You really didn't have to do that."

He shrugged again and stuffed his hands into his pockets as he sniggered cutely.  My heart melted, and though I was so infatuated with his adorableness, I restrained myself.  "I wanted to."

I gazed at him with a grin plastered across my face for several seconds while he looked fixedly upon me, but after a while I swirled elsewhere, thinking that I must have been blushing violently.  Who wouldn't be?

"Alright, guys, let's go,"  summoned Daddy Direction as he shuffled away from the check-in desk.  We took to the elevator and cramped inside.  Thankfully, no one else was in there, but we still had a difficult time cramping all six of us in.  I found myself pressed shoulder to shoulder with Louis on my right and Liam on my left.

Louis flipped his face to me and an expression of abhorrence struck his features.  "You're breath smells, love."

"What?"  I protested.  "Harry gave me gum in the bus.  My breath should not smell."

"Oh . . . no wonder!  You ate Harry's gum!"

"Hey,"  Harry exclaimed, peeking his head out from behind Niall and Zayn.  "There's nothing wrong with my gum.  It was minty!"