Chapter 19 - Too Close

Wednesday, June 13

Dear God,

Sorry if all my attention isn't focused on you right now. There is a certain curly-haired boy leaning over my shoulder asking me what I'm writing every five seconds. And then when I tell him I'm praying, he just glares at me like . . . I don't know . . . I'll just get creative and say he stares at me like I have this thick, hairy unibrow.

Well, anyway, back to Revelation! It's such a weird book. I don't really understand what's going on most of the time, but oh well.

Love, a crazy, screwed-up person you graciously call your child,

Allie

"You religious, aye?" asked Zayn, nodding his head at my Bible.

"Uh, yeah. I guess." I shrugged. "Well, not really. I don't know."

"Catholic or Protestant?" Niall questioned.

"Um . . . I don't know the difference."

Harry burst into a chuckle. "You're religious and you don't even know if your Catholic or Protestant?"

I swatted his arm with my Bible. "Hey! I'm new to this, okay? How am I supposed to know?"

"Someone didn't pay attention in Social Studies class," teased Zayn.

"Well, ya got me there." I leaned back on the couch I shared with Niall and Harry. It was twelve at night, and we were trekking across the country in the tour bus on our way to Sacramento. We had left shortly after their concert in San Fran and I still sat wondering how they could possibly be awake. I thought I could collapse in that exact moment from exhaustion.

Just then, I was jolted awake when Louis burst through the hall. "Liam's asleep! Let's party! . . .But without Harry, of course, because no one likes him anymore." He pressed his hands into Zayn's shoulders who peered up behind him.

I leaned over to Harry when I saw that his head had drooped. "Don't worry Harry. I like you."

Harry brightened when he rose his eyes to meet mine. "You hear that, Lou? Allie likes me!"

Louis simply ignored Harry and looked to Niall. "Coming Niall? Zayn?"

"Yep," Niall replied, boosting himself up from his place on the couch. He outstretched his arm to me. "Would you like to come?"

Come? Come where? Where was there to go on a tour bus?

"Nah, that's okay. I'll think I'll sit here and try to figure out if I'm Catholic or Prostidant."

"It's Protestant, love," Zayn laughed.

"Yeah, yeah," I mumbled with a wave of my arm.

The three of them ushered out of the room, leaving only Harry and I. Only, Niall popped his head out from around the corner and gazed at me.  He beamed adorably, and I grinned in return.  A slight blush seemed to have crept along his cheeks before he disappeared behind the wall.

"So," Harry began. "Do you regret coming on the tour bus with us yet?"

 "Not at all," I replied truthfully. "I thought it would be a lot less awkward than driving with management."

"Unless the boys had decided to shun you, too."

"They're not really, I don't think . . . hey, you wanna know what's weird?" I readjusted myself on the couch and set my notebook along with my Bible on the floor. "At first, Niall warns me that I need to be careful around you. Next, he tries to convince me to leave. But now, he's laughing and joking with me like nothing happened."