Chapter 5 - Let the wolf out

Silver

I wake up and find that she is still here. I've never slept that well before and I know it's because of her. Knowing that once she wakes everything will be different I take the time to study her. Her face is so beautiful in a sort of dangerous way. She is not a soft girly person, no my mate is a strong, dangerous and deadly beauty. I look at her hair closely and see that it is completely black, I could have sworn that it was brown before. I blink as I see that right at the front of her hair is a strip of pure white hair like a single steak that frames the left side of her face. I know that that wasn't there last night. Getting slightly worried I say "Ivy, Ivy." She wakes up and gives a soft smile. I smile back and than she gives a small scream as if realising who I am. My heart freezes and I try to hide the pain that threatens to reveal itself.

"Ivy, what's happened to your hair?" I say. She looks confused and moves to get up. I let her out of my arms and she goes to inspect herself in the mirror.

Ivy

I give a small gasp as I see that my hair is now completely black like a ravens wing with a single white strip of hair at the front of my hairline. I look at Silver "what did you do?" He holds his hands up "I never touched your hair."

I begin to walk around when Ink sounds in my head "don't worry, you're hair is changing like your eyes did. It's because you have a werewolf and a werepanther in you. Nothing else will change." I give a sigh of relief and Silver asks "what? What is it?"

I explain it to him and he gives a sigh of relief "good, I was worried it was something bad."

We stand in an awkward silence before Silver says, "so, do you want breakfast?"

"Do you mind if you bring it to me, I don't want to face anyone."

He nods seeming to understand my hesitation to be around a lot of people. " I'll make you pancakes, if you want?" He asks. I nod and he shuts the door behind him and I immediately go to the doors.

I know that my idea didn't work last time but I think I have a better chance now.  The first reason is because he won't expect me to try and escape now because I have this stupid collar around me. The second reason is that it's early morning and I'm hoping less people will be awake, meaning less eyes around, and the last reason is because he'll be making pancakes for while which should give me a head start. I quickly dress into a pair of his loose fitting jeans and leave the shirt I already have on. I make my way to the glass doors that lead out onto the balcony. I jerk one open and hear a high pitch beep. I look around for the sound and suddenly hear footsteps running up to the stairs. I panic as I realise the sound was an alarm and I just set it off! I'm about to jump off the balcony when an arm wraps around my waist and hauls me back into the room. I give a scream and begin to hit his chest.

He slides the glass doors closed and locks it with a number code. "You can't keep me here!" I yell as he pulls me away from the glass door.

I wrestle my way out of his grip and grab his laptop. I throw it at the door hoping for the glass to break. Even with my new panther and wolf strength the glass remains solid, though his laptop snaps in half and the screen fractures into tiny shards. He looks at me in shock "why would you do that?" he asks while his hands curl into fists.