Chapter 10 - Wolf confusion

I have no time to put my pretence of being a full werewolf into action. After Clare calls out that the other prides have arrived Cobalt gets up and keeping me practically pinned to his side he walks out of the cabin, looking around warily.

I'm instantly reminded of Silver and I decide that all men who turn into animals are the same. They seem to think of nothing but the fact that their mate is in danger. I won't be surprised if they refuse to let me feed myself for fear that I might choke. Thinking about it I decide to not mention that to Cobalt in case he decides that I can't eat without supervision.

I watch as a line of mismatch vehicles drive in and find parking spots near the cabins. I raise my eyebrow as I see everything from sports cars to hippie vans that have purple flowers spray painted onto the sides drive down the road.

I watch as people pop out of the cars like a clown act and there are yells of welcoming as everyone seems to hug each other. I watch as Clare and Violet run screaming up to another girl and seem to hug her until she's gasping for air.

I give a smile as I see watch them talk all at once meaning that in the end they end up screaming again in a high pitched way that is stereotypical of girls. I roll my eyes; I swear I never screamed when I saw my friends.

I frown and look at Cobalt "why don't you go and say hi to all your friends?" 

Cobalt laughs "yeah I'm sure you'll stay up here, not thinking of running off? Anyway I'd rather have you at my side than hugging a bunch of people."

He pauses giving me a glowing smile "Besides I'm not good at all the hugging stuff, with the exception being you of course."

"Yay for me." I say with sarcasm lacing my voice. Cobalt ignores my tone and watches the crowd in front of us. 

I hear a loud yell that's full of excitement "Cobalt! Where are you?"

Cobalt's head turns in the direction of the voice and I see a boy about the same age as Cobalt drift away from the crowd. Cobalt gives a smile "Hey Knox," Cobalt calls out. I sigh why do all these people have names that are crazy? Knox notices me next Cobalt and Cobalt sensing where Knox's attention is holds me closer to his side.

Knox gives a whistle "Well looks like you grew up before I did. You know you could have rang me and said you found your mate, even a simple text would have sufficed."

Cobalt laughs "The truth is that I only just met her two minutes ago and lets face it we all knew I'd grow up before you reached the maturity of a six year old."

Knox mock bows "As you know it's my life's goal to remain a child at heart forever. My only hope is that when I find my mate she doesn't kill me out of frustration when I start to put jokes into every conversation we have."

Cobalt nods before turning to me "Knox this is Ivy, Ivy this is one of my best and stupidest friends, Knox."

Even though I'm not exactly happy with my circumstances I decide to remain civil to Knox, after all he's not like Cobalt who has decided I can't take move more than three inches away from him.

I extend my hand out to Knox for him to shake and Cobalt gives a low growl "Ivy there's no need to shake hands with Knox."

Knox seems to understand Cobalt's protectiveness and to lighten the mood jokes "yeah you never know how many boy germs I have." I raise my eyebrow at him is as if asking if he's really reverting back to a five year old.