mixed emotions

Ivy

The room is empty except for a fuming Cobalt who is staring at me with such an intent expression that I'm not sure whether he's turned on or thinking of killings me.

He takes a step towards me and I back up trying to keep as much distance between us. I already have one extremely possessive and crazy mate, I'd rather not have Cobalt as another crazy mate.

His voice is rough and deep "Ivy, don't you dare run from me."

I take another step back while saying "well Mum always warned me about stranger danger and I suppose this is what I get for ignoring her warnings and deciding to get into your car."

I back up and hit the wall and Cobalt uses this to his advantage. He traps me against the wall and leans into me. Letting his mouth linger near my ear he whispers, "I'm not a stranger. I am your mate, I don't like you telling me to shut up, It's not a nice thing to say to your mate."

I tilt my head away from his mouth while saying "yeah well it's not nice to also have someone demanding that they are your mate either, so far it's happened to me twice."

Cobalt gives growl and I see a flash in his eyes that I swear is Inferno trying to take control. Cobalt looks at me "I don't care if you are mates to a hundred werewolves, you are mine and I refuse to let you go with Silver!"

I give a groan "you know considering you're meant to be my other half and everything you're not very good at listening. Let me make this clear, I don't want a mate, I don't want Silver and I don't want you."

Cobalt's eyes flash and Ivory growls in my head "you don't learn, do you?"

I answer her with a mental shrug "I was hoping that if I kept saying someone will finally understand what I mean."

Cobalt shakes his head "I know this sounds like I'm being some cruel person but you can't leave. You and I are mates and I think you just need some time to realise it."

I can hear my voice rise as I say, "so what you're saying is that you're not going to let me leave here?" Cobalt shakes his head "no I'm saying you can't leave me."

I manage to hold in my scram of anger, I shove past Cobalt, I need the extra space. In fact I need about the distance of a country between us. I turn to look at him eyes blazing and yell "correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the whole point of mates is that we love each other? Well holding me against my will is one way to guarantee that I will end up hating you!"

Cobalt grabs me and pulls me into his chest. I try to fight against the idea of staying there and letting myself take comfort from his warmth. He holds me for a second before saying "you know that this feels right, we're meant to be together, I don't want to hold you prisoner here, all I want you to do is give our mate bond a chance, If you truly believe that we shouldn't be together than prove it to me by staying here. Stay here for three weeks, if you don't feel anything than I'll let you leave, I won't stop you."

I look up at him "really? You'll just let me go?" Cobalt gives me a smile "there are some conditions, you can't lie to me, you can't try to run off and you can't just sit in this room all day, If I plan something you have to take part. Agreed?"