chapter 6 - A house with secrets

Chapter six

Ivy

I wake up to see that Silver is nowhere to be seen. I give a sigh of relief and check the clock to see that it's a little past lunch. I feel a warm tingling on my neck and the memory of this morning floods to the front of my mind. I get up from the bed and looking in the mirror I inspect the bite mark.

I feel my eyebrows arch in surprise as I look at the mark. I'd thought it would be some disgusting looking bite mark that would be red and infected, instead of a bite mark like I expected all I see is a winding pattern of black swirls. I turn around and pull off my shirt to see that the swirls continue down my shoulder blade and trail down the middle of my back, ending just above my hips. The swirls mesmerise me and remind me of some ancient vines that entwine around each other. If the mark hadn't been something that came from Silver I'd say it was beautiful.

I hear Ink give an annoyed growl "they should not be there."

As she finishes Ivory says, "Why? He's our mate and now everyone knows it."

I give a groan "Sorry Ivory but I agree with Ink, These marks should not be on me, I don't want him as a mate!"

Ivory gives a slight growl "Ink is only saying that because she wants someone who shifts into a big cat as a mate."

I groan "I can't deal with you at the moment, I don't want a mate full stop, in fact right now I'd rather not have anything to do with wolves or panthers, so can you guys just give me a few hours of quiet time?" In answer they both go silent and I sigh "thankyou."

I lie down on the bed and try to make out the sounds of the house. I can hear someone turn on a tap in the kitchen and I can hear the footsteps of people outside. I frown in confusion, I'd always had good hearing but this is more than that. I roll my eyes at my stupidity. Silver had great hearing and he was a werewolf. It makes sense I have good hearing as well, considering I'm a werewolf and werepanther. I keep forgetting I'm not a human even though I have two extra voices in my head which should remind me that I'm supernatural.

I get up from the bed and begin walking around. I need to think of a plan that will work. So far I've tried escaping without really thinking of anything. Silver seems to be certain we're mates, but if that was the case wouldn't I feel the same? I mean I feel something, which considering he kidnapped me I shouldn't feel. I think it over and finally come to the conclusion that Silver's wolf, whoever he is, is Ivory's mate and so Silver is meant to be mine. At the same time Ink has a mate who isn't Silver's wolf. That should mean that I have two mates.

I groan, well that doesn't make sense. I thought mates were meant to be your one and only perfect person, like soul mates. How is it fair too my two mates that their one and only mate has to be shared? Whoever thought that giving me two mates is a good idea is seriously messed up.

I toss up ideas and scenarios in my head. What would happen if Ink's mate found me as well? What would happen if they marked me, would it work or would Silver's mark mean that they couldn't mark me. I even briefly think that if I could find my other mate he could help me get away from Silver, but than I realise he's probably the same as Silver and would want me to stay with him which would defeat the point of getting away from Silver.