Chapter 24.

OK, I SAID TO MYSELF, ONCE EVERY DAY AN UPDATE, WHAT AM I DOING, UPDATING TWICE TODAY ON THE DAY THAT'S NOT SCHEDULED. LMAO, BUT I JUST DID SOME KIND OF TEST THAT COUNTS HOW MUCH MINUTES YOU'VE SPEND LISTENING TO MUSIC AND SUCH, THESE ARE MY RESULTS. HAHAHAHAHAHHAA 

 HAHAHAHAHAHHAA 

"what!?"

Liam shrunk into a little ball, acting like a small omega. Harry stood up, leaving the room. Louis watches Harry leave. "Hazza!" he jumps in the air and rushes to Harry.

"you like him!? out of everyone you like my best friend!?" Niall yells. "WHAT DOES LOUIS HAVE THAT I DON'T!?"

"innocence," Liam said. 

"INNOCENCE!? innocence? I'll show you fucking innocent!" 

-----

"Hazza?" Louis knocked on the door, even when the door was wide open. Harry sat on the bed, his back facing Louis. "Hazz, can I come in?" Harry nods, placing his head in his hands. Louis sighs and walks over to Harry, rubbing his back as he takes a place next to Harry. "what's wrong?"

"I-I knew something was up, but I never thought he'd like you, Lou," Harry whispers. "it kills me that somebody else likes you for who you are, even though you're taken." Louis rubs his back to soothe him. 

"I know Hazz, It'll kill me too if somebody liked you, too. but we can't help who we like. Liam made a mistake, and we all know that but you know I'm yours and I promise you, I'll never like anyone else except you." 

Harry nods. "what if I was too late?" Louis frowns, not understanding Harry. "what if we met later, would you be with Liam?" Louis shook his head.

"Liam's mated to Niall, remember." Harry's breath hitches.

"Niall's your best friend, so is Liam, they're mated and Liam just said he likes his mate's best friend?" Louis nods. "what a dick." Harry stood up, walking downstairs.

"Hazza!" he yelled, running after Harry. once he got to the living room, he saw Harry and Liam fighting. Niall sat in the corner of the room crying and Zayn and Ed tried to soothe him. Louis rushes over to Harry and Liam. he grabbed Harry's arms and pushed him off Liam. "are you crazy!?" 

Harry growls at Liam, "STAY AWAY FROM HIM." he said in his alpha voice. Liam groans at the pain he got, but stood up from the ground and pushed Louis away. Harry grabbed him by his throat. "touch my omega once again, and you're dead meat." Harry hissed, throwing him against the wall. 

 "Harry!" Louis yelled, grabbing his fists. "let him go." Harry growls at Liam, before letting go. Liam fell to the ground. Louis got on his knees and checked up on his best friend. "you okay?" he asks worriedly. Harry furrows his brows.

"what the hell Louis!"

"what Harry?! just because he likes to me you have the right to beat him up like this! you can't help who you like- he's still my best friend." Liam smiles thankfully at Louis through the pain. Louis looked at the bruises Harry created on Liam's face. "that looks so bad." he whispers, touching it slightly. Liam hisses. 

"are you seriously okay with this?" Harry asks confused. Louis nods. 

"yes, Harry. what if I liked your best friend? Zayn for example." 

"I'd kill Zayn." Louis shook his head in disbelief.

"you know, you always end up being aggressive," Louis said honestly. 

"what's that supposed to mean!?" Harry raised his voice.

"you think fighting is the best option. there's always someone who gets beat up at whatever going on around you." Louis stood up, facing Harry. "I love you Hazz, I do, but I don't want my mate to fight all the time. it's no good." 

"what do you want me to do then? let it be?"

"yes."

Harry lifted his arms in disbelief, "what if I fucked with someone, you get angry, and I say, let it be, it's an accident." Louis huffs.

"fucking is an option and it happens for a reason, liking someone happens outta nowhere and you can't help falling for someone," Louis explains. 

Harry laughs, folding his arms over his chest. "so you're taking Liam's side? the oh so good alpha who chooses his mate's best friend over his boyfriend?"

Louis groans, "I'm so done with you." Louis walks out of the room. "happy fucking Christmas Eve, guys. I'm going home." Louis said to the rest of the boys. he put on his coat, "oh and Li, you should check up on your bruises, it'll take some time to heal." Liam nods. with that Louis left the house. 

he shoved his hands in his pockets, walking through the silent and calm streets. his lips trembled and tears start to form in his eyes, he had a fight with Harry. over his best friend. Louis wipes away his tears, "a pretty boy like you shouldn't walk alone at this time." Louis turned around and faced a man in disguise. 

"I-I was just on my way h-home..." Louis stuttered, pointing behind him. the man came closer. "I-I need to go." Louis turned around and walks as fast as he could. he looks behind him, seeing the man walking behind him. 

he grabs his phone and texted Harry.

baby: Hazz im scared theres a man walking behind me and he said earlier that a pretty boy like me shouldnt walk alone and hes still following me idk what to do hazz im so scared help and pick me up pls hazz

Louis looks behind him and the man was closer. luckily Harry texted him back

Hazza: where are you?

baby: lake street  around the corner pls come quick

Hazza: I'm on my way now, be safe and kick him in the balls if he touches you.

Louis holds his phone in his hands as he walks to the corner of the street. Louis sighs in relief as he sees the familiar car. once the car stops, the man grabs Louis from behind. Louis quickly kicks him in the balls and runs over to the car. he got in the car and burst out of tears. "wait he-"

"c-can y-you just t-take me home?" Louis sobs. Harry nods, driving away from the creep. they arrive at Louis home. Louis wanted to get out, but Harry grabs his wrist.

"can we talk?"

"there's nothing to talk about, Harry." 

with that Louis went inside of the house.