Seriously Now You're Going to Try and Be a Gentleman

Chapter 8

The pilot clicked on, "Evening folks we have arrived at Charles de Gaulle Airport. It is 10:24pm and 8 degrees Celsius outside with intermittent showers. We hope you enjoyed your flight and look forward to seeing you again soon."

Standing up I walked to Michael, and leaning against the empty chair next to him I said as sarcastically as possible, "Hooray we're here." Not picking up on it or not caring he  ignored me and continued to play on his phone.

Geez what was with him?

Ross and James exited the plane first disappearing out of view. I looked back to Michael and said, "Are we going to leave? Or stay on the plane all night?"

Finally shoving his phone in his pocket he said, "No point in getting off the plane if they don't have the helicopter out. Besides, little thing we still have a 20 minute flight to the Main House." 

"And where would the Main House be?"

"Have you ever been to Paris before", he answered.

"No".

"Then it wouldn't make a lot of sense for me to try to describe where we're going, be patience and you'll see."

Before, I could reply James walked back onto the plane announcing, "The helicopter is ready  for you." 

Hopping out of his seat and moving me out of his way Michael made his way towards the door. He looked back at me and said, "Well, are you coming?" while shrugging into his coat.

Knowing I didn't really have an option and I really didn't want to get drugged and knocked out again. I followed behind him. When I reached the door he offered me his arm.

Seriously now you're going to try and be a gentleman.

I reluctantly, took it and we began our descent on to the tarmac. 

God it was cold.

He led me to a waiting Rolls-Royce car that and they had literally rolled out the red carpet for him. The driver said, "Good evening" as he opened the door and again without saying anything he just got in the car. Rolling my eyes I looked the elderly man in the eyes and said, "Good evening, how are you?" The man looked genuinely surprised that I had acknowledged him and replied with, "Very well miss, I'm always praying for better weather." Smiling at him I thought of what Nate I had always said about Missouri's weather 'wait 5 minutes and you'll have something new'. Sliding into the car next to Michael I saw he was already typing on his phone again.

So much for conversation. 

Well, if he wasn't going to talk I wondered if the man up front would. I started to introduce myself when Michael rolled up the partition window mid conversation.

Asshole.

About ten minutes of silence went by when the car stopped. The elderly man came around and opened up Michael's door. Michael then came around to my side and opened my door offering me his arm again as we walked towards the helicopter. 

Fear hit me. 

This is really happening.

 I told myself to bottle it down and keep calm. 

They haven't really hurt me... so far. 

We settled into the helicopter. Michael had put a huge headset on me so that I could hear the pilot and him. Michael gave a thumbs-up to the pilot and we rose from the ground. I was still freezing but now I started to shiver Michael put his arm around me pulling me closer to him. I didn't want him to but I also didn't want to freeze. I heard Michael's voice come in through the headset.  

"Before we head home do you want to see the Eiffel Tower, little thing?"

I should have said no, this wasn't a vacation. But, I  nodded my head yes.

He smiled, and told the pilot to get us as close as possible. Seeing the Eiffel Tower so close was amazing, the twinkling lights shining off of it, mixed with the lights of Paris was breathtaking there was calmness in the air.

I wish Nate, Sara and Josh were here to see this. I wanted my parents to be here. And with that thought sadness filled my heart. Pushing it down I claimed myself.

There's a time and place, I reminded myself.

Sensing the change in my mood Michael pulled me closer and said, "I promise it won't be so bad" with melancholy eyes I looked at him. "You'll have everything you want just give it time".

The pilot came on through the speakers and said, "We're here".