Shots

Chapter 51

Adam

I made my way into the nightclub.

God this place was seedy. The walls were covered in graffiti; dimly-lit flickering lights lead me to the main dance area. The top floor was all VIP tables looking down at a crowd of people dancing and jumping to the music. The DJ was in front of the room was giving the most over-the-top performance I had ever seen. The bar was to the back. The place was too crowded.

Any one of these people could be undercover.

I made my way down the metal staircase to the bar. I saw Jennifer, Josh, Nate, and Michael all crowded around the edge. Sara was working the bar, alone.

"Are you sure you don't want help? It's kind of shitty that everyone bailed on you!" I heard Jennifer yell over the music.

"Can you even make drinks?" Sara said yelling back mixing several drinks at once.

I came and sat next to Michael at the bar."I didn't come here to work!" Nate said backing up into the crowd with Josh by his side.

"I'm a quick learner, plus I can at least deliver the drinks! That'll save you sometime. Just until it calms down a little!" she yelled.

Not completely sold on the idea Sara said, "Okay, come back here and get an apron. Take these upstairs the tables are labeled! One, four and six get these," Sara said putting a tray of drinks in Jennifer hands.

"Got it!" She pulled her hair up in a high ponytail and putting on the half apron. She went to work.

Michael and I both got a brandy and people watched. Until Michael found a group of girls out for bachelorette party then disappeared with them. I kept my eyes on Jennifer watching her deliver drinks, wipe down tables and occasionally make a drink. She wasn't opposed to hard work to help a friend.

She was cleaning glasses when a group of men came to the bar. One of the men stepped forward, he was small, scrawny and in his early thirties.

"Hey," he said.

"Hi, what can I get you?" She said still cleaning the glasses.

"I was wondering, when you get off work do you want to go get a drink with me?" The man said. He had balls I'll give him that. She was way out of his league, and I would cut his brakes.

"Thank you, but no thanks," she said flat out rejecting him.

"Why? Do you have a boyfriend already?" He pressed.

"No, I'm just not dating. But, I can get you a drink if you like." The man didn't like that answer and kept pressing her for more information. He was making her uncomfortable. Shit, he was creeping me out. I had finally had enough and walked over to him telling him," Hey, she's not interested, drop it, and move on."

"Hey piss off, we were talking." He was now asking for her phone number.

So not the thing to say to me.

I was going to beat the shit out of him when Sara reappeared and put her arms around Jennifer and kissed her on the cheek," Hey baby, everything ok?"

Playing along Jennifer said, "Yeah, babe". The man look surprised then walked away returning back to his group.

"I hate it when dudes can't take no for an answer" Sara complained," I saw you going over riled up. Dangerous move, our security doesn't play."

Neither does mine

Sarah took the glasses away from Jennifer and said, "Thanks, girlie. I'll take it from here! The crowd is manageable now. Go have fun! Work your dress!"