Now We Can Talk

Chapter 21

The woman ushered me into my room then disappeared into the bathroom. I sat next to Adam on the plush couch leaning on him.

The women reappeared next to me and led me into the bathroom, I looked back at Adam and he gave me a small smile and he nodded his head.

The woman had started a shower for me. The mirror had already fogged up, so I wrote with my finger:

Thank you

The women smiled and then said something. Then waved it away and wrote:

Ur welcome

She walked out of the bathroom closing the door behind her. This bathroom could fit a football team in it. The bathroom was white with marble flooring the shower was huge with a rainfall faucet.

I peeled off my leggings and sports bra throwing them in the corner hoping to never see them again, placed my gun on the closed lid of the toilet, and then stepped into the shower.

The water felt good as it hit my skin I stood there for a long while just letting the water run over me. I watched the bloody water run down the drain. It felt endless like I would never be clean. I grabbed the bar soap that the woman had left for me and scrubbed my skin until it was all used up. Then I used some body gel soap and a whole container of shampoo. I stayed in the shower until the water became cold.

I turned off the shower and stepped onto the cold floor. I didn't want to see my reflection so I kept my back to the mirror. Someone had taken the dirty clothes and put clean pajamas out on the sink for me along with all the products we bought this morning. I dried off and rubbed lotion on my body. I put on the clean pajamas and brushed my teeth. I decided to blow dry my hair straight and flatiron it. I was feeling back to normal again.

I just killed someone and I'm worrying about my hair. Shallow.

I stepped out of the bathroom and saw the women asleep on the couch, Adam was pacing the room.

I knocked on the side of the door to get his attention. He crossed the room to me and smiled. He led me to my bed and I put the gun on the nightstand. As I crawled in under the covers he gave some medicine and some water to wash it down with. He walked around to the desk, cleared of the photographs, and picked up two tablets handing one to me he kept the other.

Oooh ok now we can talk.

Adam sat on the floor next to the bed leaning against the bed pole.

I opened the messenger app and we started to text.

How is Kairi?

Fine, she has no idea what has happened. Just another day for her👍.

And you..

I think you're missing the big picture. How are YOU?

I still can't hear and I am a little achy but I'll live....I killed that woman. I should feel something but I don't.

Don't do that to yourself, luv. She would have killed YOU if you didn't end her. It's survival in the end

Speaking from experience?

Yes.
Brandon showed me the feed of the basement. I'm impressed, honestly. You studied the situation and played it your advantage.