The Call

Chapter 40

Jennifer

"Ma'am, can I have you step over here." The TSA agent said.

You gotta love the TSA.

They did a full pat down of me. I figured that was going to happen with the dress and the fact that Kairi and I just held a bomb. They cleared us the only bad thing is they had to wake her up to do so. She was not a happy camper. But, once we made it to the boarding area she had fallen back to sleep. Brandon and Nate stayed close to us.

"Hey, can you take her? I want to get some clothes before we take off."

"Yeah okay, back to Daddy, sweet one." He took her.

"I'll get her some stuff so she's not bored on the plane it's a 2-hour flight" I said stretching.

Brandon said, "Can you get me two tablets, a cell phone, a phone charger and power pack?"

"Sure." I looked over to Nate to see if he wanted anything, but he was asleep, dead to the world. I started to walk away from the gate into the department store that I saw on the way in here. The stores were just beginning to open. I walked in and found a black sweater that said Paris, black leggings and some tennis shoes. I got Kairi some jeans and a long sleeve tee. I went to the changing room. But I couldn't undo the buttons to the dress.

"Knock, knock can I help?" Adams voice came through the curtain.

"No, I think I'll manage. I wouldn't want you halfway through to decide to charge me for each button." I said coldly.

"I deserve that, but I would never charge you, love."

I tried one more time to get the buttons to undo but failed. I stuck my back out and he started to undo them. I hated that his fingers felt good on my skin, or how I enjoyed that he seemed to be taking his time. "Done, I think you'll get it from here."

I shut the curtain and quickly changed. When I came out I found him leaning against the wall divider of the changing room. I went to pay but the cashier said that Adam had already paid. Thomas had met us at the airport, with my passport, ID and the American Express my parents had given to me for emergency situations only. At least this way when they got the bill they would know that I was still alive. I threw the dress away and walked to a Tech-Depo, Adam followed behind. I got the items Brandon had asked for when I got to the check out Adam tried to pay but I yelled at him and told him, "I don't want your money!" I was frustrated with him and he couldn't buy back my trust. Did he think he could? After, a credit card battle the cashier ended up taking his.

I stormed out of the store. I was livid. I found a toy store next and started to get Kairi something to keep her preoccupied for the trip. I settled on a coloring book and a kids tablet with over the ear headphones. Again, Adam paid.

I went to a cell phone kiosk and told the cashier not accept credit cards or cash from him for anything I bought. The man crossed his arms and gave me a nod. I bought a phone and a battery charger I was going to call home; I paid and went back to the gate. I gave Brandon his things and the few items I bought for Kairi.

I sat apart from the group but Adam followed me like a loyal dog that I couldn't get rid of. I activated the phone, put some minutes on it and called home.

Please pick up.

"Hello?"

"Mommy!" tears started to swell in my eyes.

"Jennifer, baby how are you? Are they treating you nice?" I heard her yell for my Dad to pick up the phone and seconds later I heard his voice.

"Jennifer, you tell everything they done to you. I swear if they hurt one hair on..."