Emily

Chapter 33

Jennifer

For the next two days Brandon, Nate and I planned for every possible outcome. I had to stay away from Adam, I felt like he could tell something was wrong but he didn't push me. Every morning we woke up together, said good morning and went about our business. It felt cold but I knew in the end it wouldn't always be like this. Once Sliske was taken care of he wouldn't be so stressed.

The only way that's going to happen is if this works.

The party was in Saint Nazaire one of Sliske many homes it's four hours away from Paris. Brandon had found schematic plans of the house and told me to memorize them. I did. I knew what to do with the rubber ducky; I knew which room to go into that would most likely have a computer. I knew how to get in and how to get out. And once I got out I knew where to go if I was being followed. This was going to work.

Christmas Eve morning Nate and I went through the bookshelf to Brandon's house as soon as Adam and Michael left the main house. Brandon had a dress for me to wear for tonight and a suit for Nate. He was going to be my driver, contact man, and look out. Brandon figured that I would never be able to wear an earpiece. So once I got into the party I would truly be alone.

In and out. No one's the wiser.

Brandon was fiddling with something on his computer when we came into the room.

"Today's the day" I announced a little bit apprehensively.

"Yes, it is." Brandon said still looking at his computer monitor, "Those are yours; you can change in the back."

I went behind the wall of his desk and changed. The dress looked like a black wedding dress, full of tulle at the bottom but very tight around my waist and chest with a sweetheart neckline and sleeveless. I had already done my hair and makeup. I had a brown lose curly wig that I pinned to the back of my head, with a thick braid leading back to the mess of curls. I went for a bold look with my make up with a full contoured face and grey colored contacts. And for the first time in a long time I wore heels confidently.

I came from behind the wall and went up to Brandon, "Any last minute advice?" He finally looked up from his computer and said, "Not that I can think of but I do have something for you." He reached into his backpack and pulled out a necklace just like Kairi's, "If anything does happen, which I highly doubt it will, use the necklace as a panic button. I'll be watching through the necklace to keep Nate updated."

Brandon was looking at me like he had something extra he wanted to say," Something on your mind?" I asked.

"Just something I think you really need to think about before we do this. Once you leave Le Mans you're not in our territory anymore. I can't save you if things go really bad. Not even Adam could. Are you a hundred percent sure you want to do this?"

Unwavering I said, "Yes."

"Then good luck".

I quickly put on the necklace and I was ready to go. Nate finished dressing and came out to my side.

Let's do this.

Nate and I walked back to Main House. I needed a coat before we left. I told Nate to go ahead of me while I went back to my room to get a coat. I rushed in and saw Kairi jumping on my bed.

Happy to see her I ran to hug her," What are you doing here? I thought you were traveling with Nana?"

"I was but I had to come home because Daddy said so. Are you going to a party? Can I come!?" Kairi asked excitedly.