Main House

Chapter 9

Looking down with wide eyes I saw the house, to call it a house would be a huge understatement this was a mansion.  Even in the dead of night I could tell it was impressive, with thousands of square feet, terraces, open gardens in opulent styles, swimming pools and all completely gated. I head Micheal say, "Welcome to to Villa Montmorency, little thing."

The helicopter landed on the roof, Michael quickly exited and held his hand out for me to take it. This time I didn't hesitate. As soon as both of my feet were on the ground, the helicopter pilot took off. 

Bye.

And with that Michael led me into the house, into the lion's den I go. Looking around the roof I saw there was a lot of security, like presidential security. These are the type of men you don't want to pick a fight with and if you do you don't live to tell the tale. Michael tugged at my arm in the direction of a white door we went inside and followed a spiraling metal staircase down until we reached another door but this one needed an access key. Michael quickly typed in his code while turning his back to me and said, "The codes change every day if you were wondering."

I was but that dream is dead now. Plus, how would I escape from the roof?

He held open the door for me to walk in  we were in a hallway dimly lit, with gold crown molding, red adored the hallway, with fine mirrors, furniture and chandeliers.

So this is how the 1% live.

Michael offered me his arm again and asked, "Do you want a tour or do you want to go to sleep, little thing?" 

Ok, I was getting tired of the 'little thing' nickname he had given me. 

"I'm pretty sure I slept on the plane ride here seeing as I was knocked out... twice".

Being dramatic he said, "Now, now we must leave the past in the past. You're here now  and that's all that should matter." 

Yeah, right, I wasn't going to let that go.

We started to walk down the long hallway. When I heard a man scream, quickly turning to Michael I looked up to him and asked,"Is that what's going to happen to me".

"No, just ignore it".

As we got closer I was able to make out what was being said, "Please don't hurt me! I'll get you the money! Just give me a little more time!"

"Tony, I heard this before".

"No, please boss! It wasn't me! I would never steal from you".

Tony has clearly fucked up.

We reached the door that the voices were coming from. Michael tried to pull me away but I cracked the door and looked inside. A man was lying on his side, on the floor, he was bloody and badly bruised.  

They did that.

Warning me Michael tried to pull me away but I wasn't going to move. I wanted to see what they were capable of doing. If I had to live with these monsters I wanted to see them at their worste.

Tony, the man on the floor, tried to get up on to his knees in an attempt to beg for his life.

Agitated one of the voices said, "So, It wasn't you?"

Crumbling into tears Tony said, "It wasn't me!"

Laughing one of the voices mockingly says,"He said it wasn't him. So I guess we gotta let him go."

Two men untied him, but held him up and Tony started pouring out every compliment he could. Then I saw him. Adam.

Michael pulled me a little harder saying, "Okay, you saw. Let's go."

Adam slapped Tony's cheek lightly, "If it wasn't you then why did Jared and Philip say it was before I put a bullet in their head?"

Adam quickly pulled a gun out, without hesitation he shot Tony twice in the head.

And I scream.