Darkness

Chapter 45

Adam

Who is crying?

Why am I on the floor?

Where did this blanket come from?

I tried to sit up but all I got was pain, I could just about turn my head and saw Michael lying on the floor next to me sleeping he was wrapped in a blanket too.

Where did these bandages come from? Am I in a fucking raft?

Someone was crying, "Ok, what do I do next?"

Jennifer. 

Jennifer was crying.

I tried to sit up again and with no luck, I failed. I tried to call out to her but I couldn't find my voice. "The boys are stable, if you notice any changes let me know. I'm going to stay on the line." That was Dr. Pellegrini's voice.

What the fuck is she doing here? Am I in a life jacket?

"Yes, Ok. They are both breathing and their wounds have stopped bleeding."

"Good girl," Pellegrini said.

"I'm switching you over to Sloan." that was Brandon.

He was here too?

"Now, there should be a green wire under the dash broad."

"This one?" Jennifer said.

"Hold the phone up and move the flash light back. Aha, no not that one try on the other side." Sloan said as the connection began to cut out.

"Brandon, please don't leave me. I can't, I can't..."

"I'm still here calm down and focus. We need a GPS signal from the plane to find where you are. I'm having no luck with the phone."

Fuck, I remember! I was shot, her plan, and then darkness.

"This one?"

"Yes, now twist that back together. Then, hit the black rectangle button third from the left." It was quite then she said, "Done. It's blinking."

"I almost have you. Aaaaaannnnnndddd done. I'll tell the team to track you from here." Brandon said.

"I can't land this! I can't even swim!" She was so scared.

"You have to! Your about to run out of fuel, if you can take out a plane, you can land one. Stop being hysterical and do it", Brandon said harshly.

I'm going to have to kick his ass again.

But before I do that, sleep.

When I woke up again I saw a blue sky and Jennifer face.

So nice.

"HELP! HELP! Over here!! HELP US!" She screamed and shot a red flare gun into to sky.

"Please, don't be pirates. Please, don't be pirates. Please, don't be pirates."

I could listen to her voice all day but blackness took over again.

The next time, I woke up I was in a bed with an IV in my arm and something in my nose. My vision was blurry but I knew Jennifer and Rodger stood over me.

Fuck off, Rodger! Where the hell am I?

Beep beepbeep beeeeeepppppp

She look away from me to the sound and said, "I'll go get a nurse."

Rodger saw I was awake and put his hand on my cheek and said," You're both going to be OK, just rest for now" and I did.

When I woke again, I was in a different bed but the place felt familiar.

Hell House.

We made it to Venezuela.

"Well rise and shine, sleeping beauty." I turned my head and saw Michael sitting in a bed next to mine, "It's about time you got up." Rodger was sitting in a chair in between our beds.

"How you feelin', kid." Rodger asked.

"Sore as hell, but I'll live. What happened? How did we get here? Where is Jennifer?"

Michael pointed down to the side of my bed and there she was sleeping in a rollout bed. I reached down and pulled her cover up to her chin and wiped away her hair from her face.

"How did we get here?" I said settling into the bed.

"That would be her too, with help from Brandon." Michael said turning on the TV to Grey's Anatomy. "Meredith, it's too soon!" he said watching the TV.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Hey, be serious for 10 minutes and tell me what happened?"

"What? I did!" He complained.

"I want details, now."

"God, I'm starting to regret you waking up! Grumpy much!"

I was not in the mood to argue with him but Rodger spoke up, "You two were shot in the plane. Michael was hit in the leg and arm and was oxygen-starved. Could have been a lot worse if she hadn't put him in a helmet and Kevlar vest. You on the other hand, were shot in the stomach, shoulder and arm."

"She dropped your Aston Martin on a plane, just saying that is badass." Michael said.

I remember that.

Rodger continued," So you both passed out from blood loss and pain. She called Brandon freaking out screaming for help to land the plane. He connected her with Sloan and he explained how to do it. They end up putting on the plane on autopilot, she ten dragged you to the back of the plane got Michael out of his seat and laid him down to started first aid. Brandon put Dr. Pellegrini on the line and she walked her through what to do. Both Pellegrini and Sloan were trying to tell her to do two things at once but she managed. She opened up the air raft, got you both in to lifejackets. Then, had to fix the GPS system so Jager team could find you. Sloan guided her through how to land the plane. She hit hard but you all survived so that's a win in my book. Few hours later, the team found you and brought you on to the boat. Then here."

Hell of a day you had, love. You saved our lives.

"So, it was nothing short of a bad day." Michael said.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

Rodger said, "Couple days, I got here just yesterday, Michael was still asleep then to."

"What about the sicario?" I asked.

"I don't know anything about that, but you built this place to be a fortress. I highly doubt anyone that's not supposed to be here will get in."

"Your, mother wants you to call her" Jennifer said yawning and resting her head on my bed, "How are you feeling?" She had a bedroom voice low and sweet.

I leaded down to kiss her and she kissed me back wrapping her arms around me. If I died right here, right now, I would be fine with that.

I flinched in pain, and she immediately pulled away. "I'm sorry, you're still hurt." She said with big eyes mortified that she had hurt me, "Do you want me to get the doctor?"

"No, it's just a sore spot nothing to worry about, love."

I took her hand and kissed it, keeping it on my chest. She still had on the wedding ring.

Good.

"Rodger, can I use your phone?" She asked

"Yeah" he reached in his pocket and pulled out his phone and put it in her hand.

"Now, call Celine and let her know you're alive." She used her school teacher voice.

Smiling I said, "Yes, ma'am".