You'll leave me

I know a day will come when you leave me. When you'll walk out of my life flashing my one last sad smile and leave me standing alone,  lips parted in a frozen whisper of your name and must fingers outstretched as if I could summon you to me.

But you'd have already left.

So right now, I paint you in words and immortalise you in dreams that I never let you go. So that a piece of you will remain with me forever. I paint your eyes with glittering words and the most elegant of pens, your lips with a trembling hand, your hair in a waterfall of syllables singing soft praises and your smile in words inked with blood oozing from the cracks that I can't seem to mend.

But it won't be you.

I won't be able to hold you like I want to, to grasp your shoulders in my hands and Bury my face in your neck and cry, cry and laugh and smile and die. I won't be able to see your lips upturned in a bashful smile that tears my heart into pieces and puts it back together at the same time.

You'll leave me, eventually.

You'll leave like all the rest after staying for so long and giving me promises of forever. You'll leave me with tears in my eyes and  longing for you the second you turn away from me and take a single step towards the edge. You'll leave me with a permenantly broken smile and shattered eyes.

You'll never love me before leaving.

Your eyes won't look into mine with the same smoke curling behind them as I do. You'll never take my hand and send silent messages I hope you receive. You'll never take my shattered and bloody heart and give me yours for keeping. You'll never whisper three words I dream fo you repeating.

You'll leave me defeated.