iii. Dreams

♡

" A NIGHTMARE LOCKED IN A DAY DREAM."

(        iii.       Dreams        )

A GIRL ran throw the woods, her bare feet scraped against the roots that litter the forest floor, the blood it left behind glistening in the moonlight. Her wet hair flew in front of her face, rain hitting her skin. A loud cry echoed through the woods, a black shadow gliding through the trees around her like a ghost in the night. It sped in front of her blocking her path, shocking the girl and causing her to lose focus.

She tripped over a tree root, landing on her hands and knees. Quickly jumping to her feet, she went to run once more before she was blindingly thrown to the side. She looked up, staring into deep red eyes, a blonde man stood in front of her. He grabbed her by her neck, slamming her against the tree with a brutal force.

She struggled against him, raising both hands and placing them on his chest. A green mist soon shinning through her palms and sending him back. She fell to the ground, failing to catch her breath. The man stood again, only this time two shadowy figures appeared beside him, flocking to his sides like soldiers.

The two raced to the girl pinning her to the tree, it cracking under the force she was pushed with. The blonde man lunged at the girl, a scream leaving her lips as a piercing sound filled the air.

The man pulled back, his head tilted back as blood began dripping slowly down his chin. A satisfied smirk settled on his face, a dark chuckle passing his lips. He glanced at the other two, signaling the beginning of their feeding frenzy.

The man stopped for a moment glancing back, staring straight ahead almost as if-looking at me , "I know you're there, I know you're watching." He smirked, "I'll find you." He cackled before lunging forward.

"Athena!"

I shot up gasping, throwing my hand forward as red mist shot out sending Yoongi flying back. He slammed against my wall grunting, I gasped quickly hopping up to help him.

"Sorry!" He whimpered, lightly pushing me away. "I'll meet you downstairs." I nodded, feeling guilty, as he limped away.

I quickly got in the shower, washing myself and my hair. Taking the time to think about my dream, I didn't know the girl in my dream. Her brunette hair and freckles unfamiliar to me, her pointed ears confusing me even further. The dreams weren't new, they would come and go, leaving my thoughts until they returned and tortured them once more.

There weren't many elves that were casters, they would claim to only need swords and the sacred tree, the Ellcrys. The blonde man, the red headed girl, and the dark skinned man were unfamiliar to me. I had never met them or even heard of them before, but why vampires wanted to go after an elf confused me. Vampires always claimed to hate the taste of elven blood, it was too pure for them.

I groaned choosing to ignore my thoughts, the dreams always knew how to tangle my mind in countless loops, they could have endless meanings. Without knowing who these people are, I was at a dead end. I finished my shower, getting out and choosing an outfit.

 I finished my shower, getting out and choosing an outfit

I dried my hair, and put on light makeup. I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs, Yoongi greeted me first, "cousin." He grinned nodding at me. "I'll ignore your little fit earlier and just let you supply before school."

I snorted and rolled my eyes, already pulling out a blunt and a small container of weed, shaking them in his face sarcastically

I snorted and rolled my eyes, already pulling out a blunt and a small container of weed, shaking them in his face sarcastically. He grinned, opening the front door for me, and gesturing for me to go first. I laughed, "thoughts so!"

"And they say chivalry is dead" he said after I was through the door, shutting it behind us. I shook my head ignoring him, and climbed into his car. I pulled out a random notebook from the glove department and began grinding the weed up. "I want first hit." Yoongi said, reversing out of our driveway.

I shook my head, "fine." I said, before opening the wrap and gutting it. After I finished rolling it, I reluctantly passed it to Yoongi, along with the lighter. He grinned, telling me to hold on to the wheel as he lit it and took a hit.

He coughed before smiling to himself, taking one more hit and passing it to me. "Good shit." He said, I laughed taking a hit myself. I'm not gonna lie, this was almost the last of my bud and I didn't know who the hell to buy from in this town.

I grinned after feeling the high begin to take over my body, the worry going away for now. Only for it to end when Yoongi opened his big ass mouth. "What was your dream."

"I don't want to talk about it" I said, passing the blunt to him. He ignored me, taking the blunt and putting it out.

"Hey!" I said, he glared at me and I groaned. "I don't know, I've never met any of those people, but I don't think it was a dream."

He glanced at me confused, "what do you mean?"

"Remember my thirteenth birthday? WhenAmberlee came to visit? And she had made the cop who was going to pull her over drive off the road? And I had dreamt about it before it happened and told Macon? What if this time it's the same, and I can help that girl." I said, glancing down at my lap.

Yoongi sighed, "or what if it was just a dream, just leave it Athena."

He glanced at me pointedly before looking forward. I sighed, grabbing the blunt and lighting it again, "maybe."

He sighed, "Athena promise me you won't look into this too much, we need to lay low." He said sternly, I hated that, how Macon and Yoongi would talk to me as if I was a child.

As if I couldn't control myself, I knew they were right, but the facts did hurt. While they have been able to anchor themselves, I was still struggling to find something to fight for.

I just wanna get high, at this point being sober is hopeless, because all I'm thinking about is smoking.

I SWEAR I MEAN WELL IM STILL GOING TO HELL