iii. Contaminated

" I LIKE THE WAY YOU SAY IT, TELL ME THE WORDS YOU TOLD ME THAT DAY

" I LIKE THE WAY YOU SAY IT, TELL ME THE WORDS YOU TOLD ME THAT DAY. "

" YOU WANT TO GET TO KNOW ME, YOU MEMORIZED THE LINES OF MY THIGHS. "

" YOU TOOK THE DARK FOR GRANTED, AND YOU LOVED ME LIKE YOU PROMISED YOUR WIFE."

(    iii.   Contaminated     )

Gatlin, South Carolina
Feb 26 2013
9:00 PM

Everyone says you go somewhere when you die, hell even see something, have a once in a life time revelation. Me? I was peering down the edge of a cliff, shrouded by trees, and my own haunted thoughts. The only serenity, if you could call it that, the waves crashing against the jagged rocks below, but even that had began to make me tick. Everything was ominous, and dark. The waves below were a dark intimidating blue, allowing nothing to be seen below.

Is this what insanity was? Wishing all was nonexistent, that darkness was a true plague, and silence and void was its companions. It had begun to make me think all that had happened was a dream. Was meeting Edward all imagined? We're the Cullens not real? I stood to my feet, the grass was long and a healthy green. It tickled my ankles as I walked closer to the edge, peering over I considered jumping.

Throughout my childhood my Grams had this saying, "don't speak things into existence, you don't know when punishments are laid out." As hands touched my back, I couldn't help regretting never listening, they were cold and unwelcoming, my back stinging from the nicks it's nails created. I gasped, standing still, a harsh shove sent me passed the edge. A silent scream left my lips as I plummeted, peering into the eyes of the culprit.

I gazed into my own eyes, well, a disfigured version of me. I didn't know when I closed them, but my eyes were shut tight, wind whistling by my ear at a fast rate. It was a white hot silence, I was scared of the water, to see what laid beneath its treacherous waves. I collided with the water all to fast, a loud SPLAT sounding as my skin contacted the water.

 I collided with the water all to fast, a loud SPLAT sounding as my skin contacted the water