iii. Hurt

♡

" MAKES US STRONGER. "

(     iii.        Hurt       )

Macon stood behind Edward, his hands stuffed into his dress pant pockets. A fake smile resting obviously on his face. Edward stiffened immediately, glaring at Macon heatedly. "Athena, we have a guest?" Macon asked. I frowned, quickly retracting from Edward.

Edward glanced at Macon, before turning to me in concern. I ignored him, not daring to glance and get distracted by his handsome face.   I shook my head, "He was just leaving." I stated firmly.

Edward glared at Macon once his eyes snapped from my face to his, "hello sir." Edward stated hostilely. "Manners, how nice." Macon stated sarcastically. "Athena, why don't you ask your friend in for tea." He said, before turning his back and leaving not giving me time to answer.

Edward visibly relaxed, me taking a mental note to question him about the anger he showed towards my uncle. I sighed, "come on, ignore anything rude he says." I said, before reaching to grab his hand only to jump at the freezing temperature.

Edward immediately retracted his hand, placing it in his pocket. Nodding his head for me to go first ignoring what just happened. I hesitated before sighing and beginning to walk in front of him.

We walked in the house, following Macon to the couches that rested in front of the fire place. Edward and I sat closely on the love seat,  I ignored how cold he was, instead seeking comfort in him.

"It's so rarely we get visitors from our .... beloved Forks." Macon said, handing both of us a cup of tea. Edward grabbed his stiffly nodding at Macon in thanks. "Don't be such a snob Macon, it is not their fault you never speak to any of them." I said, rolling my eyes at his dramatics.

"And it's not my fault that I have predilection for good breeding .... of reasonable intelligence, and passable hygiene." He chuckled, taking a small sip of his drink. "That's a beautiful piano." Edward said stiffly, noticing how irritated I was getting towards Macon.

Macon nodded, glancing towards the large beautiful black piano that resides a few feet from us. Macon hummed, once looking away, "yes, do you play?"

Edward nodded, "yes, I have played since I was young." He said, a small smile taking over his face before chuckling quietly to himself as if there was a joke. "Athena, why don't you play us something?" Macon asked, Edward immediately glanced at me his crooked smirk taking over his lips.

"Because were not in a Jane Austin novel." I said.

"Than why don't you make us some more tea?"

"Wrong century." Edward chuckled at this.

Macon stared at me for a moment before sighing, "well then would it disturb either of you if I .... run my ringers across the ivories." My uncle sat at the piano, beginning to play a slow tune, "Edward what if I had a magic wand.."

I breathed in harshly glaring at Macon, "Macon." Edward glanced at my confused, I avoided his eyes. "...and I could let you see your whole future, what would be there?" Macon continued. Edward ignore Macon for a moment, staring at me heatedly. His eyebrows furrowed, his eyes glossed over for a moment, before scrunching in pain. I immediately reached over grabbing his hand, Macon's stare obvious.

"Edward?" Macon asked, "did you hear me?"

Edward continued to stare at me, confused." I don't know sir." He answered.

"Have you thought of any colleges yet?" Macon asked, his eyes beginning to gloss over slightly.

Edward looked away from me, focusing on Macon. "I don't know, my family we move around a lot. We don't stay in one place for too long." I stiffened once noticing the blue mist looming around Edwards eyes.

"I'll probably move away before we graduate, people will start to get suspicious of Carlisle not aging. Or any of us really. Or one us will slip up, most likely jasper, we'll move away somewhere cold and not sunny. One that won't give away the monsters we are. I'll probably slip up also, become a ripper and kill humans again. Loneliness and pain finally consuming my heart. Then I'll probably go to Italy, to the Volturri and let them kill me once finally no longer able to live with myself."

My heart immediately began to race after hearing Edwards confession, glancing at Macon's confused. He started at me pointedly, before the blue mist left Edwards eyes.

"Edward, are you alright?" I asked after a moment of silence reaching for his hand again, Edward sat ridged not knowing what to do. "I need to go." He said before he stood quickly, my hand falling harshly from his.

He quickly began to walk to the door, me jumping to follow after him. "Edward! Edward wait." He stopped for a moment, his back facing me. "What." His voice was not like it usually was, it was dark and evil. "I don't care, whatever you are, alright, I may be scared and I may not know what to do. But I swear that I will not leave you over this. Please. Stay." I reached for his hand, only for him to snatch it away and storm out the door.

I stood there, staring at the place he once stood. The slam of the door making me jump, "Athena, darling it's alright." Macon said, placing his hand on my shoulder.

I spun glaring at him knocking it off harshly, "why! Why did you do that!"I screamed, the wind outside beginning to pick up harshly. "Athena, listen he is not good for you. His kind is dangerous!" He screamed.

"Macon we are dangerous!" I screamed, the sky beginning to darken, lightning striking not far away. "we can kill with flick of our wrists! We are Never stable no matter the amount of control, the amount of time taken, we are never safe! Those around us always die!" Red mist began to float from my hands, surrounding objects around us making them begin to float.

"Athena calm down!" Macon yelled, reaching out for me. "No you always do this!" I screamed, thrusting my hand forward, pinning him to the wall behind him. It cracking under the forced. Rain began to harshly fall from the sky, thunder booming loudly. "I'm happy! Edward makes me happy! But you always want to ruin it and I'm so tired of it!" I screamed.

"He keeps me in control! He's kept me at balance and you want to take it away again! Why!?" I hollered, beginning to make a Crushing motion with my hand. Macon reaches for his throat, trying to gasp for air. "Athena!" A voice screamed behind me. Before black mist surrounded me, confining me.

I struggled before screaming loudly. Falling to my knees as everything around me was destroyed and crushed. Macon and the person flying back.

I fell forward, before passing out

I fell forward, before passing out. A foggy pair of shoes walking toward me being the last I saw.