iii. MOTHERS DAUGHTER

" DONT FUCK WITH MY FREEDOM, I CAME UP TO GET ME SOME, IM NASTY IM EVIL

" DONT FUCK WITH MY FREEDOM, I CAME UP TO GET ME SOME, IM NASTY IM EVIL. "

( iii. MOTHERS DAUGHTER )

THE SLOW steps nearing the Studio had a deep rooted fear in me, one I didn't want to admit truthfully. "Athena stop." A voice rang in my head, Jotaro. He soon formed before me, his face distraught.

"I couldn't protect your mother, she lost her self to her will for power, you are nothing like her. Don't allow it to consume you." Jotaro's voice was pleading, his hand clasping mine strongly. "You are not strong enough to wield me yet, your moon day is still not here."

"Jotaro. My auntie is in that building, because of me. Of the choices I made, I'm scared! I'm weak and I hate it. But I'm not going to give up on my family, I need to be strong for them. I may not be ready, but I am willing to lay my life down for her." Jotaro remained silent, his eyes showing hesitation. I knew he was caught in the middle, he was to do as I told. It was his job as a djinn.

Yet

Yet..he truly wanted to protect me. He wanted to stop me from my hunger for power, but my choice was set in stone. I wasn't going to allow my aunt to die, when I could've stopped it. "Jotaro. You know I have to do this." I kept my pace going, brushing past him.

I shut my eyes tightly as I walked, fists clenched as I imagined him going back into my necklace. I felt the familiar warmth of him returning, but not without hearing his final plea, "be careful."

My heart skipped a beat realizing how much Jotaro actually cared for me, it was rare for a djinn to truly hold ties to their conqueror. I held the necklace tightly as I walked up the steps of the studio, he would be my strength.

The window of the studio were blocked with blinds, but you could still see the lack of light threw the small openings. I opened the door, my observation correct. The studio was dark, dust particles floating around the main hall. I found the room of mirrors by memory, it brought a faint feeling of nostalgia. I still loathed the place.