iii.Honey Hill

" THERE MUST BE SOMETHING IN THE WATER

" THERE MUST BE SOMETHING IN THE WATER. "

( iii. honey hill )

THE SOFT patter of water hitting concrete resonated throughout the dark and damp room, its smell mildewy and the air stale. A door opened, startling me, I walked forward towards the light that shined through. The previous girl from my dreams fell down the stairs, a melodic laugh mocking her as she landed.

"Athena?" She whispered, so quiet I could barely hear her. "Are you there? I haven't been able to reach you as of late, my body too weak, my blood thin."  She coughed, blood spurting up, it a dark black.

I rushed to her, for the first time truly being able to feel something in my dreams. "It's not a dream, I'm holding you here with my magic." She spoke my thoughts aloud, touching my face softly. She titled her head, allowing the point of her ears to peak through her hair.

"B-But? How are you a caster? An-and an elf? It's not possible your kind kills such creations." It was impossible, elves believed their species to be pure, and anything beyond that was an abomination, a flaw to be dealt with.

She smiled up at me softly, she was beautiful beyond all the bruises on her face. The dirt that caked her body, and the dried blood that scabbed in an awkward way. It all still did nothing to hide her beauty, and in any other circumstance, I'd be jealous.

"I need your help

"I need your help." She whispered, "and in return I will help you gather control, the strength you wish to have." I had Zelda for that, but I couldn't say I hadn't noticed the symbol of the Ellcrys etched upon her forearm. She was highborn, her blood alone carried so much power. 

"My race is diminishing, we have grown weak because of our old ways." Her eyes hardened, "but we are still the rightful rulers of the Kingdoms."

Elves. I thought.

She laughed, and even in such a situation it sounded so genuine and harmonic, she shook her head, "I will bring you no harm, but I must help my family."