3: christmas eve

He leans in and kisses me. I kiss back, but then I remember.
I break off the kiss. "What's wrong?" Jonah asks.
"You can't kiss me," I say. "Let me guess you're back together with Jordan."
"No we're still broken up, it's just." He waits for me to finish.
"I-I'm pregnant," I say. "Wait is Jordan the father?"
I nod. "I left him a voicemail telling him about the baby, but he hasn't called me back."
"Who else knows about this?" He asks. "My family and Corbyn."
"Corbyn knows about this? And you didn't tell me?" "I'm sorry Jonah, he was the one who made me take a test and he wanted to know the results," I say.
"I thought we were able to tell each other anything, I thought I was your favorite," He says. "Jonah you are my favorite and I love you, just don't tell the others."
"So when are you going to tell them?" "Umm next week Christmas day or eve. I'll have an ultrasound done by then."
He nods and walks out. My heart sinks.
I've always been the closest to Jonah, but now I feel like I've ruined it. I sigh and go to bed.

*two days later
I go to the doctors alone. I walk in and I feel weird.
"Hello," a nurse says. "Hi I have an appointment," I say.
"Name?" "Lexis Bowen."
"Okay follow me." I follow her to a room.
She hands me a cup. "What's this for?" I ask.
"You pee in it, there's a bathroom down the hall second door on the left." I nod and leave.
I come back and hand her the cup. She does my blood work and then I get an ultrasound done.
"So you look to be about 8 weeks along," she says. She finds the heartbeat and turns up the volume.
Tears streaming down my face. This is real life.

*Christmas eve *5 days later
I hosted a Christmas party at my apartment with the guys. "Merry Christmas Lexis," Jack says hugging me.
"You too Jack." I give Zach and Corbyn hugs.
"Where's Daniel and Jonah?" I ask. "They're bringing a girl with them," Zach says.
"Oh cool," I say. "Hey Lexis what's this present that addressed to all of us?" Jack asks.
"You'll find out tonight." Then the doorbell rings.
"I'll get it," Zach says. He opens the door and I see Daniel, Jonah, and a dark haired girl.
"Hey guys come on in," Zach says. Daniel sees me and immediately runs to give me a hug.
"Hey Daniel," I say as I giggle. "Merry Merry Christmas Lexis," Daniel says smiling.
Jonah waves at me and I motion him to give me a hug, but he shakes his head. "Jonah who's that girl you're with?" I ask.
"Oh this is Taylor, Taylor this is my friend Lexis," he says. "Nice to meet you," Taylor says shaking my hand.
"You too." "Lexis can we open this present now?" Jack asked.
"Yeah of course," I say sitting down next to Corbyn on the couch. Corbyn puts his arm around me.
Zach and Jack both tear the wrapping paper and open the box. "Why does this say pregnant?" Zach asks picking up a pregnancy test.
"Oh congratulations," Taylor says. "Wait you're pregnant?" Daniel asks.
I nod. "Eww you peed on this."
Zach drops the test. Everyone laughs.