8: words i didn't say

*19 weeks pregnant
I lay in bed with Jonah. He has his hand on my belly.
"Come on, kick for daddy," he says. "Be patient with her," I say.
We lay there a little while longer. Then I feel her.
I see Jonah's face light up. "Did you feel that?" He asks.
I nod. "Hey baby girl."
After a little longer, I fall asleep. I hear Jonah silently sing to himself.
"May these words be the first to find your ears," he sings. "I'll give you everything I have, I'll teach everything I know. I promise I'll do better."
I feel tears form. "I will always hold you close but I will learn to let you go. I promise I'll do better," he continues.
I open my eyes. "Jonah you will do better, you'll be a better dad than Jordan could ever be," I say.
Jonah smiles and kisses me. "Cause you are loved, you are loved more than you know," he finishes and we both go to sleep.

*next day
"I'm going to miss you," I say as I hug Jonah goodbye at the airport. "I'll miss you too and baby girl," he says.
Jonah and the boys are going back on tour for a few months. "I'll be back before she comes."
I kiss him and hug him again. "Come on lovebirds the plane isn't going to wait," Zach says.
Jonah walks away and I go to my mom's house.

Daniel's pov *on stage
"Let's relax and settle down for this next song is 'Words I didn't say'," Jack says. Zach, Corbyn, and Jack sing their parts and then I sing the background part.
"I lie here awake," Zach sings. "Thinking of all the games I played."
"I let you wait," Corbyn sings. "Hundreds of promises that I."
"I never made," Jack sings. "I fell forever in our days."
"Till you walked away," I sing. "Because of the words I didn't say."
I think during Jonah's part and nearly was late for mine. "Every time we get close, I won't push you away. Pull you right back just to give you the pain."
For some reason my mind keeps thinking of Lexis. I come in late for the chorus.
"Till you walked away," I sing.  "Every time we get close, I won't push away. Pull you right back just to give you the pain."
I accidentally sing over Corbyn's part. This is a disaster.
"Guilty of breaking your heart." At least I got those high notes.
"See I can't live without you, I hope you forgive it. A world without you is a world without living. I can't live without you, I hope you forgive it. A world without you is a world without living. See I can't live without you, I hope you forgive it. A world without you is a world without living. I can't live without you, I hope you forgive it. A world without you is a world without living."
After a few more songs, the concert is over. I run backstage.
"Daniel what happened out there with words I didn't say?" Corbyn asks. "I don't know," I snap.
"Woah Okay." "I'm sorry."

(A/n: the song Jonah was singing at the beginning was "light" by sleeping at last. And the song the boys were singing was "words I didn't say" by Why Don't We.)